Job Title: Health and Safety Supervisor
Location: Westhoughton, Bolton, BL5
The company is an established, Bolton based, industrial door company with sites in the Midlands and Scotland.
The company is currently looking to recruit a Health and Safety Supervisor.
Reporting to the Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for formulating health and safety policy to meet the needs of the Company. Duties will include:
- Carrying out regular site inspections to ensure employee compliance with Company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Advising managers and staff on health and safety issues.
- Carrying out health and safety inductions for new employees.
- Carrying out and documenting risk assessments.
- Compiling method statements which identify and take account of all relevant risks.
- Liaising with customers, contractors and other third parties with regards to health and safety issues.
- Investigating incidents and accidents, recording and reporting findings and producing statistics.
- Providing first aid provision as required.
- Scheduling and overseeing PAT testing ensuring appropriate records are maintained.
- Scheduling and overseeing the testing and inspection of work equipment including ladders, scaffold, harnesses and fire extinguishers ensuring appropriate records are maintained.
- Attending bi-monthly Business Continuity, Health Safety and Environment Meetings.
- Ensuring compliance with and acting as an internal auditor for ISO 9001, OHAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- The successful candidate will have previous experience in a health and safety capacity with a good working knowledge of health and safety legislation and the capability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) would be an advantage and a full UK driving licence essential.
- The position may suit someone with a health and safety knowledge looking to take the next step into a management role.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; H&S Advisor, SHEQ Officer, Health and Safety Manager, Environment Officer, Health and Safety Coordinator, Health & Safety Officer, Health and Safety Advisor, Quality Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, NEBOSH, NVQ Level 5, QCF Level 7 and membership of IOSH will also be considered for this role.