HR Manager - Tieto
This job expired on 06-10-2010
Browse Simply HR Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Client Delivery Manager 6 months ago
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Our Talent Management Division has been delivering learning, development and consultancy solutions across the UK for over 25 years. We offer a wide range of developmental interventions that are des...
Leading Fashion House – Retail L&D Manager , 27 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Would you like to work for one of the world’s leading luxury brands? Our client, a truly unique and iconic brand is looking for an exceptional L&D Manager to join the team. Reporting into the Head ...
Recruitment Manager (Technology) 27 days ago
Salary band: £60k - £70k
A fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced Technology Recruiter to join this Professional Services brand leader. Heading up a small team who are responsible for all analyst - senior manager...
HR Caseworker - CIPD 3 days ago
Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Leeds
Salary band: £70k - £80k
Job Title: HR CaseworkerLocation: LeedsDuration: 3 months initially Essential: CIPD Qualified Demonstrable experience of managing a range of complex HR casework support on attendance, performance,...
HR Advisor 3 days ago
Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Leeds
Salary band: £50k - £60k
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Advisor to join a large and well respected organisation on a 3 Month basis. As HR Advisor you will be leading and directing the Back Office ...
|Salary band:||£40k - £50k|
|Salary Details:||£50,000 - £60,000|
|Job Categories:||Compensation and Benefits Jobs | Employee Relations Jobs | Generalist HR Jobs | HR Manager Jobs | HR Recruitment Jobs|
Following a period of significant change at Tieto a new opportunity now exists for an experienced HR Manager to join the UK business.
Based from the Leeds office and covering the locations of Sheffield, Dunstable, Kent and Aberdeen you will report to the Head of HR International with a dotted reporting line to the Country UK Manager. A true generalist HR role which will require you to deliver advice and business guidance across all areas of performance, development, reward, resource planning, and operational HR. You will be focused on delivering an extremely high level of service to your client groups.
The HR Manager will be responsible for providing human resources generalist functions to all Tieto offices within UK. This will include localising and implementing policies and HR initiatives across the 5 UK sites. You will work alongside the business to implement operational business plans for the UK.
As a successful HR Manager you will be working within a corporate setting with line managers and above to compliment the business in each unit. You will be responsible for:
- Assisting leaders to compliment the business plan with HR concepts and projects
- Co-ordinating efforts with the Business to review and develop adaptations for people related policies, support implementation of Tieto policies and practices
- Demonstrating overall knowledge of HR areas of responsibility to include employee relations, recruitment, performance management, manager/individual coaching and employee retention
- Facilitating resolutions to conflict and disputes as they arise
- Ensuring all administration is completed and up to date in a timely manner
- Actively participate and demonstrate leadership as a member of the global HR team in contributing strategic ideas and following through on actions that benefit the broader company, as well as assigned offices
- Support Country UK manager and local managers with HR projects and formulation of UK HR Strategy
- Provide relevant and appropriate advice, coaching and guidance to managers and employees on a variety of HR issues to ensure fair and consistent treatment and enable departments to effectively deal with a changing business. These issues include HR policies, legislation, changing terms and conditions, benefits, career development, grievances, disciplinary issues, absence, performance issues and terminations
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work related problems
- Assist managers to ensure recruitment of quality, qualified staff at all levels to help achieve business targets for each area, with budgeted capacity plan and complete inductions for relevant groups
- Work with management on organisational changes, contributing ideas, providing recommendations, planning, implementing and communicating organisational change
- Influence and ensure buy in to the implementation and development of specific HR policies and practises as required by changing legislation, both UK and International, or new business issues to enable Tieto to rapidly respond to changes while maintaining appropriate company standards
- Facilitate development programmes as required and provide input in terms of future initiatives/succession planning etc
- Ensure wages and benefits programmes are managed and administrated according Tieto guidelines. Co-ordinate annual salary reviews
- Provide/arrange training and development for management/staff where required
- Ensure all personnel records hard/soft are kept accurate and up to date
- Deal with all relevant HR administration and ensure files are kept up to date/accurate
To succeed in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Demonstrable track record as a generalist HR Manager
- IT Services or similar industry sector experience would be advantageous
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation
- Comfortable working in a process / procedure driven environment
- CIPD and /or undergraduate degree or equivalent required
Tieto is an IT services company providing IT, R&D and consulting services. With approxima,000 experts in 26 countries, we are among the leading IT services companies in Northern Europe and the global leader in selected segments. We focus on servicing large and medium-sized organisations in our main markets - Northern Europe, Germany & Russia. We operate through eight industry sectors; telecom & media, financial services, forest, energy, healthcare & welfare, manufacturing, public, retail & logistics.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Hays.
Ref Code: ADV344734SH4
Closing Date: 06/10/10