Due to continued growth, Republic is seeking an experienced HR Shared Services Manager. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the role is responsible for building and growing the HR service offered to the business and supporting the development of the people agenda.
- Manage all areas of employee relations, transactional HR and the policy / procedure framework
- Manage, develop and motivate a small HR advisory team, allocating projects and workload appropriately
- Advise, guide and support business line managers (customers) in legislation, capability, disciplinary and grievance procedures to ensure that employees receive fair and equitable treatment and that the company complies with current UK and EC legislation.
- Manage and develop a framework of user friendly, fit for purpose and on brand information and guidelines for stores and head office to support the consistent and effective management of people at Republic
- Provide expert advice, project management or other requested consultant skills / support to the HR Business Partners in the implementation of HR initiatives, to maximise effectiveness and meaningful improvements made to/for the business.
- Develop a network of strong relationships across the business to monitor customer satisfaction and pinpoint where improvements can be made.
- Contribute to and manage (when required) the development of changes to HR policies, procedures and practices on a project-by-project basis, to address identified current / potential problems in / for the business.
- Monitor and review advisory processes, identifying inefficiencies, to ensure developments consistently move HR processes towards best practice.
- Advise, guide and support business line managers (customers) in legislation, capability, disciplinary and grievance procedures to ensure that employees receive fair and equitable treatment and that the company complies with current UK & Irish legislation.
- Management of all aspect of transactional HR including; new starter processes, reward, recognition and benefits administration
- Responsibility for the provision of timely and robust Human Capital reports with supporting, insightful narrative where applicable
- Planning, management and delivery of employee engagement survey, associated post survey action plan and related initiatives to improve the employee engagement index.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Graduate level of education or equivalent and CIPD qualified
- Previous HR management experience gained within a fast paced, dynamic, multi site environment
- Good understanding of Retail or Leisure: markets, businesses, customers, culture etc
- Knowledge and understanding of HR processes such as recruitment, selection, induction, referencing employee data, employee benefits, etc
- Solid understanding of employment law and contractual impacts
- Good working knowledge and application of PC skills (on Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Experience of using HR software solutions including such as central HR / Payroll systems, applicant tracking solutions and remote workforce management systems
- Proven ability to construct and deliver timely and insightful human capital reporting with ability to identify follow up actions.
- Significant employee relations experience with proven ability to deliver a fit for purpose and commercial advisory service
Republic is the UK's number one independent fashion retailer for men & women. With 121 stores nationwide and a successful web channel, it sells an impressive mix of brands including Diesel, G-Star, Firetrap, Miso, Crafted and SoulCal. Republic is a vibrant and growing company with further plans for expansion over the coming years providing the right person with a great opportunity to progress in their career.