The English Teacher Training College and its associated Bilingual Classroom Initiative (ABCi) is a not-for-profit Austrian College with a dual mission: Firstly, as a college, to provide a practical education in teacher training for student teachers from the English-speaking world based solely on the candidate's academic merit. Secondly, as a charity outreach, to promote language learning, cultural exchange and foster understanding between English-speaking countries and Austria by bringing hundreds of teachers from England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia into Austrian classrooms to reach every child with a free English project by the year 2020.
· Oversee the HR department.
· Communicate with the payroll accountant regarding contract and employee details changes.
· Plan and oversee training for new and current staff based on existing policies and practices.
· Update the Staff Handbook and send a memo highlighting new updates.
· Oversee College’s online recruiting presence.
· Liase with directors for termly plans.
· Conduct performance reviews, monitoring staff performance and reporting back to management. Administer warnings and dismissals as appropriate.
· Manage Human Resources administrative tasks such as holiday entitlement, sick leave and staff welfare.
· Conduct exit interviews
· Oversee the HR Coordinator and HR Intern
The ideal candidate will speak English at a native-speaker level, have a Bachelor’s degree, manual driving license and have 2+ years experience in HR.
· Experienced in email etiquette and correspondence.
· A good working knowledge of recruitment techniques in a modern environment.
· Strong organisational skills
· Experience in staff training, performance reviews and human resources administration.
· A passion or experience working for a NPO is desirable.
· Candidates with experience in a non-traditional teaching environment such as summer camps, youth groups or outdoor education will be preferred.
· Driving license required
· Residence permit for Europe
· Good German language skills preferable
Starting salary of 24.598,00 Euros gross annual (depending on experience) including a Christmas and Summer bonus and a variety of employee benefits. The College provides extensive health, accident, disability and unemployment insurance for all employees. A high quality lifestyle in Austria also provides a range of child care and maternity benefits as well as being enrolled on generous State and College pension schemes and severance package. Each employee is entitled to 25 days holiday days per year, not including an additional 13 public holiday days in Austria. Exceptional work will be rewarded with raises/promotion.
· The HRO will be provided with access to an ABCi car, laptop and phone as necessary
· Further professional training and development as appropriate
· Full room and food expenses with internet access when based away from home
· Work-related travel costs
· Evenings, weekends and Austrian public holidays free
Additional Roles in HR available:
· HR Coordinator
· HR Intern
The role is based at our office in Upper Austria
For more information about other positions available, please visit our website.