We have an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,900 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of HR & Payroll Apprentice at Northampton.
To support the HR and Payroll Team in delivering a wide-ranging HR and payroll service throughout the company. You will be responsible for giving advice and administering our HR and Payroll processes to ensure policies are followed; and for ensuring that our HR and Payroll records are accurate.
With full training, your key tasks and responsibilities will be but not limited to:
• Being the first point of contact for HR and Payroll queries.
• Supporting line managers with basic employee relations cases
• Co-ordinating the recruitment and selection process including: Producing adverts and job descriptions, assisting with the interview process, drawing up employment offers and contracts of employment
• Responding to reference requests and other employee related enquiries
• Inputting and maintaining employee HR and Payroll records on the company systems.
• Calculating within a monthly payroll, SMP, SSP, SPP, holiday and overtime.
• Arranging training courses and maintaining training records.
• Taking minutes at meetings.
• Monitoring absence and occupational health referrals and follow ups.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to deal with confidential information sensitively and appropriately
• Ability to prioritise and organise workloads effectively, in order to meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
• A*- C (Grade 4 and above) or equivalent in Maths and English is desired but not essential
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.