A leading private sector organisation based in London are looking for a Business Change Anayst for an initial 6 month contract, paying between £450p/d-£550p/d.
Role context and purpose
The company are embarking on an Electronic certificates project to deliver a new enterprise digital signing solution with specific requirements to ensure compliance a number of requirements. The project will involve an implementation of a new Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) enterprise digital signing platform and verification capability which will fully meet requirements the replacement the current digital signing tool.
The Business Analyst role will be the key interface between the business and the change programme throughout the lifecycle from concept through design, development, testing and transition. The role of the Senior Business Analyst is to take responsibility for the detailed investigation, analysis, specification and modelling of recommended solutions using resources, standards, methods and tools as required, whilst maintaining links with appropriate counterparts within both software engineering and service delivery functions to play a full part in bringing systems to implementation. The role is the main point of contact with the business to resolve questions and queries regarding specifications lead the preparation of user and system test plans and the main contact throughout the transition into operations. This role would also take responsibility for managing the preparation and execution of key user test phases. The role will also perform the function of change manager, understanding the impact on the business and ensuring training is prepared and users are appropriately communicated to.
- To identify a project's key stakeholders and an assessment of their interests in the project to determine the way(s) in which these interests should be considered throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring that views of all parties are considered verified and validated within the stakeholder community.
- Take responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information modelling, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
- Provide the link between the business users, developers and third parties throughout the development lifecycle and assist in the resolution of any queries regarding specifications and change requests
- Apply and monitor available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produce a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature, giving special consideration to business and commercial perspectives when taking actions or making decisions.
- Acquire an understanding of the underlying issues in complex problems or situations by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts, models or previous experiences. Keeping overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not being deflected by matters of detail.
- Support the business to define, prepare and present business cases, invitations to tender and statements of requirements both orally and in writing which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new processes, and recognising associated business risks.
- Utilises business experience and skills to assess and advise on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities.
- Plan, arrange and facilitate meetings, workshops and relations with users during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work. Takes responsibility at a high level for the proper conduct of such relations.
- Lead the design and execution of test scripts and scenarios, and facilitate the resolution of identified issues to the satisfaction of business users.
- Work closely with release management and undertake impact analysis of defects to ensure smooth transition of the solution into operations.
- Has gained extensive experience as a Business Analyst in complex commercial/professional services environment.
- Shows a systematic, analytical approach to problem solving, a creative thinker, able to challenge, question and innovate with an advanced knowledge of modelling tools and techniques
- Results-oriented and customer-focused, able to demonstrate first class interpersonal skills and advanced influencing and facilitation skills. Is a sensitive communicator able to communicate at all levels and in different globally diverse businesses
- Possesses a broad understanding of business and business skills, and understands the significance of commercial constraints.
- Has a good understanding of alternative software engineering life cycles for development and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems. Is able to recognise potential assignments outside own areas of specialisation and bring to bear appropriate expertise as necessary
- Effective team player and able to be an ambassador of Group IT in all interactions both externally and internally
- Educated to bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification. e.g. ISEB or Certificate of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or equivalent
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high profile organisation during a substantial period of change. Annapurna Change are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Mark Stanton is the consultant officer for this vacancy.