Home based Education Advisor
CEFM provides HR and management advice for schools across the UK.
At the heart of our service is our first response help and advice telephone line.
We are seeking an experienced HR professional / non-practicing solicitor or school business Manager with employment law experience to join our small team.
About the role:
- Working remotely from home as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will field questions from our clients on a range of issues including:
- Employee relations management
- Advising on absence, disciplinary, grievance and performance management
- Restructures, redundancies, TUPE
- Contracts of employment, atypical workers
- Reviewing contracts, handbooks and policies reviews
You will need to use your initiative to confidently address problems, offering effective and appropriate solutions and advice.
The role is supported by a team
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate both their understanding of school management issues and their ability to communicate effectively with schools’ senior leadership teams, including Headteachers, Business Managers and Governors.
Key requirements for the role, providing a competitive advantage on application, include:
- Legal qualification and/or CIPD qualification
- A high standard of verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of school terms and conditions of employment
- Knowledge of school specific policies and statutory regulations
- Confidence to work independently
- Ability to prioritise competing workloads and work proactively
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft office suite and case management software
- Experience in a similar role within the education sector
The company is based in High Wycombe, but employs staff and consultants across the country, working from their own locations.
The role is offered on a part time basis 2.5 days per week term time only (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings).
Salary: up to £19,230 (FTE £50,000)
Benefits include: 6% ER pension contribution, health care.
Interested? Select 'Apply'!