about 1 month ago
This employer has a vacancy for a full time, permanent, mechanical engineering tutor with strong practical mechanical/machining skills.
To deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment within an engineering learning environment, to funded and none funded learners, ensuring compliance with Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED), and a variety of Awarding Organisations.
- The application of the full teaching cycle ensuring an inclusive approach to all aspects of teaching, training and assessment practice, across a range of qualification types in line with the Education Inspection Framework
- To comply with and contribute to the development of all internal and external standards and expectations
- To develop differentiated schemes of work and session plans that deliver an engaging and effective curriculum that meet the needs of all learners and stakeholders
- To undertake internal quality assurance processes and work with the Programme Director to ensure that appropriate Awarding Organisation approval is obtained and maintained and adapted in line with customer and organisational requirements
- Provide support, information and advice to learners and prospective learners, at every stage of the programme
- Ensure that learners complete qualifications and learning programmes in a timely manager and report those in danger of not being timely
- To work with the Programme Director in developing and maintaining employer relationships, including communication of learner progress
- To role model professional behaviours and challenge learners behaviours when these standards are not met, referring learners when appropriate
- To support business development and recruitment activities at internal and external events and during apprentice recruitment
- To assist the Programme Director with costings and control of materials and equipment as and when required
- To maintain appropriate records of learner progress and achievement
- To be resilient and adaptable in all aspects of the role ensuring that equality, diversity and inclusivity are embraced regardless of the situation and challenge
- To participate in professional development activities and maintain a professional status in line with responsibilities
- To apply the safeguarding policy, prevent and welfare procedures and to raise any issues
- Have professional standards
- To take good care of own health, safety and welfare and that of other persons who may be affected by their or omissions in the work place
- To inform Line Manager of any work situation that presents a potential or actual Health, safety or welfare hazard
- To support the Company in ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act
After your initial application, applicants will be provided with an additional application form. Those who complete the form and return it to the employer will be favoured in the application process.