Job Title: Finance & HR Administrator
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is a digital agency based in the town centre of Ipswich. The agency has continued to grow every year, and now numbers 60 staff. They provide digital marketing and technical development services to a range of local, national and international clients. There is a vibrant and dynamic work environment and they were voted #25 in the Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work for 2018. With the continued growth of the agency, they are looking for someone to join them to provide support for the busy Finance and HR functions.
Working across both areas, the role will be servicing the administrative and bookkeeping needs of the Finance and HR team.
- Maintaining financial records (Quickbooks), and overseeing the financial administration of the company.
- Recording financial transactions and completing the posting process
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Paying regular bills and generating invoices adjusting if required answering/ forwarding queries on invoices
- Pay business expense claims
- HR administration of benefits, record keeping, alongside maintenance and review of GDPR and ISO compliance.
- Administration of benefits (e.g. parking, season tickets, healthcare)
- Planning and administration for new starters (induction, assets, desking)
- Booking appraisals, catch ups and 1-2-1s
- Promotion and organisation of charitable events
Skills and Experience:
- Expert experience with Office applications specifically Outlook (including calendars) and Excel
- Highly organised and methodical
- Good analytical skills and ability to generate reports as required
- Good personal credibility with all stakeholders
- High attention to detail with the ability for high levels of data entry
- AAT qualification or a minimum of 3 - 5 years recent experience as a bookkeeper is essential. - with proof of certification
- Familiar with Quickbooks accounting software package
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Knowledge of data management and financial data analysis
- Some HR Administration experience would be desirable
- Experience with ISO standards and procedures would be desirable
- Experience and understanding of GDPR compliance would be desirable
The company offers a comprehensive benefits package in addition to remuneration, 33 days contractual holiday, an annual pay review and personal development programme and auto-enrolled pension scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality Health (p)
- Free Gym Membership at Pure Gym Ipswich
- Lieu day for Charity work or money raising for a Charity
- Additional days holiday for length of service over 2 years (p)
- Access to a 6 -week sabbatical in your 5th year of service
- Cycle to work scheme (p)
- Season ticket loan (p)
- Child care voucher scheme
- Blood donation during work time
- Access to monthly parking permit at corporate rates - Free parking if you car share with a colleague
- Access to Bronze, Silver and Gold awards for recognising excellence throughout the year
- Monthly Friday socials
- Clubs that are run in-house e.g. Book club, football
- Regular chair-based massages
- Complementary weekly lunchtime yoga
- Daily breakfast including cereal, yoghurts, toast etc….
- Free Fruit, healthy snacks and stocked drinks fridge
- Unlimited tea and coffee (Bean to cup machine available)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Finance Officer, HR Administrator, HR Admin, HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant may also be considered for this role.