2 months ago
LOCATION: Based at Bellshill (South Glasgow) – will require regional travel to other surrounding sites in Scotland as well as 10% of working time based in Manchester, England
JOB TITLE: Finance Business Partner / Finance Executive
SALARY & BENEFITS: circa £40,000 to £45,000 dependent on experience plus car allowance, fuel card and other benefits
WORKING HOURS: Full Time – Monday to Friday but will require travel and occasional overnight stays (expenses covered)
THE COMPANY & THE ROLE: Are you ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified, commercially aware, and looking for a fantastic new role which could be the catalyst to taking the next step on the career ladder whilst working as part of a team who look to advance and progress the people around them?
Our client is a well-respected prisoner transportation company that now runs the contract for the Scottish Court Custody and Prisoner Escorting Service (SCCPES), on behalf of the Scottish Prison Service and Criminal Justice Partners and provide all court custody and escorting services in Scotland. They now seek an experienced Finance Business Partner / Finance Executive who will be based in their Bellshill, South Glasgow area, however this role will require travel to other sites in Scotland as well as spending around 10% of your working time at the company Head Office in Manchester.
As the new Finance Business Partner / Finance Executive, you will report to the Finance Controller initially then to the Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner and will support a finance and payroll team of 13 staff. The first 6 months of the role will involve the transformation and transition of our client taking the Scottish operation across from the current service provider and then once established, the role will take on a key role in continual improvement and business change, with the intention of delivering significant operational and financial wins for the business. You will work within the Finance Department and play a key role as part of the Scottish Operations Management team providing advice to budget holders with budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, supporting operational decision making and being a key agent of business change. You will represent the face of the finance team and will
act as the interface between finance and operations.
The role will also focus heavily on interpreting and analysing operational and financial information to assess its value and present findings and recommendations to the operations management in a clear and concise manner. An ability to drive business change from a finance perspective is critical and requires solid influencing, stakeholder management and presentation skills, in addition someone who is willing to provide constructive challenge and be prepared to stand up for their views with management.
Key Duties for the Finance Business Partner / Finance Executive role: -
• Provide Business Partnering services to the Operations Director and wider operations leadership team for the Scotland region and be seen to be a trusted advisor for key business decisions
• Consistently provide robust and accurate monthly reporting, budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc financial analysis
• Actively influence day to day decisions, shaping strategy and the direction of the business to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered
• Fulfil a key change agent role for business improvement activities, to transition TUPE’d staff into financially competent teams
**Please note a full and more detailed Job Description will be provided to candidates of interest who may be contacted regarding their applications
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the Finance Business Partner / Finance Executive role must be ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified and experience in a similar role. This role is about being able to analyse , plan and forecast as well as presenting budget findings and recommendations to operational management, so will need to have experience carrying this out in a similar role. In addition to the working experience and skills, this role will require you to cover the Bellshill and surrounding sites so must be able to travel between locations and be prepared for occasional overnight stays (will be reimbursed with expenses along with a generous salary and other benefits) so applicants must also hold a valid Driving Licence.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the Finance Business Partner / Finance Executive role: -
• Must be ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified with experience in a Finance role such as Management Accountant, Financial Analyst or Finance Auditing
• Will need to be commercially aware, understand and anticipate needs of both operations and management
• Will need excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with management and not be afraid to “get out in the business”
• Must be a self-starter who is happy to work in a culture of change with levels of ambiguity
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines with high degree of quality
• Good knowledge of accounting practices, statutory regulations and reporting requirements and experience of forecasting
• Will need to hold a Driving Licence and be prepared to travel to other sites with occasional overnight stays (full expenses covered)
27 days ago
only 23 hours until close
27 days ago
only 23 hours until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close