about 1 month ago
£70,000 - £90,000 per annum dependent upon experie
Category: HR Director Jobs
Global HR Director
Would you like to work with a senior leadership and HR team who are hardworking and truly care about the work they do? Would you like to become part of a fast-growing business who values their people and sees the HR function as being integral to their continued success?
To support their growth, our client is seeking an experienced, dedicated, and enthusiastic Global HR Director with expertise in managing growing HR operations.
You will lead and develop their small but well-established HR team into a “best in class” global HR function, providing strategic, operational and tactical HR support across countries and lines of business.
Global HR Director Responsibilities:
• Designing and implementing a world-class global people strategy and HR infrastructure to support their rapidly-growing business.
• Developing a “best in class” Global HR team providing the business with exceptional day to day HR service; continuously review and evaluate the performance of the HR function in line with business needs, recommending and making changes to the structure, roles, systems, and processes of the team when required.
• Ensuring global people policies, practices and processes enable the business to attract and retain the best people for the business. Analysing employee engagement survey results and devising a strategy to improve employee engagement levels and meet agreed attrition levels.
• Fostering external relationship building with other HR professionals for benchmarking and networking purposes and to participate in ongoing Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities to ensure that best practice filters into the function, and ultimately the organisation, to enhance the value that HR adds.
About our client:
They are a team of passionate individuals from 15 countries, developing ground-breaking biological technologies designed to sustainably and safely control insects that transmit diseases and destroy crops. They do this work to improve lives and livelihoods around the world in the face of growing threats that insects pose to human health and the global food supply.
They are strongly committed to a set of values and principles and foster a culture of trust, respect, creativity, and accountability.
• You’ll be used to working in a fast paced, scale up SME, ideally from within the STEM sector and you will genuinely love everything about HR, and get excited about the impact it can have on the business.
• You will need to be creative and innovative and ready to shape the company’s people strategy, but also willing to roll up your sleeves and do the work which will support a high-performance work culture, new country programs, and large levels of recruitment.
As they’re a small but growing business, this is a role for someone who is a big thinker as well as being a “hands on” HR operator. They are looking for a passionate HR leader with the technical knowledge and experience to create and embed an HR Strategy which is adopted globally to deliver an outstanding HR service consistently which enables their exceptional people to achieve amazing things.
Your Experience and Qualifications:
• A Master’s degree or Degree level qualification in HR/People related subject or CIPD qualified to Level 7 as a minimum is essential and experience of working in the UK and the US/Brazil is highly sought.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is a must, and the ability to speak or understand Portuguese would be a bonus.
• If you have lived and worked in either the US or Brazil or supported a Brazilian HR team this would also be an advantage.
• Experience of managing a small and diverse HR team based in different geographical locations with different cultural needs/different employment laws and best practices would be highly advantageous.
If you’ve got the experience and enthusiasm that they are looking for, then they’d love to hear from you.
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary range: £70,000 - £90,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Hours: 8.30am to 5pm
Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, an excellent Company Contributory pension scheme where they double your contribution, Life Insurance and a discretionary bonus scheme.
You may have experience of the following: Head of HR, HR Director, Director of HR, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Global, EMEA, Biotech, STEM, etc.