SCOPE AND PURPOSE:
- Lead and drive the L&D function at Belmond and be the first line of contact for all L&D related matters globally.
- Promote L&D, both on and off the job, and for all levels within the business units and Corporate Office.
- Identify, plan, design and deliver programmes and initiatives, in line with the business objectives.
- Build strong relationships throughout the organisation, creating an inspiring and fun learning environment which drives performance in our businesses.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the Global and Corporate L&D Strategy by identifying L&D needs within the business through employee feedback, regular communications with Department Managers etc. and provide training solutions to address these needs.
- Deliver Belmond's Global L&D programmes in the Corporate Office and ensure global delivery in our businesses with the help of the hotels' Divisional/Area L&D Leads.
- Close collaboration with and pro-active support of the Divisional/Area L&D Leads.
- Develop, update, co-ordinate and deliver the Company Induction programmes ensuring that all new employees at the Corporate Office are introduced to the Company vision, core values and legal obligations.
- Responsible for the Corporate L&D Calendar (managing, identifying needs, communication and conducting training as needed).
- Manage the Talent Management Systems including the Learning Management System (LMS), Performance Management System (PMS) and Employee Opinion Survey (EOS).
- Gather information, produce and analyse reports as and when needed of the different systems and platforms.
- Vendor Management/Relations; ensuring a smooth collaboration and communication with all different vendors. Responsible for keeping contracts up-to-date and renewed as needed.
- Responsible for managing and keeping track of the Global and Corporate L&D budget.
- Management of the different eLearning platforms that we offer globally.
- Together with the Compliance Team, ensure Compliance Guidelines and training is in place globally.
- Pro-active L&D support with new business openings and takeovers.
- Create and update training materials as required for global use in our business units, reflecting Brand messages and industry developments. Ensure new/updated materials are uploaded onto the L&D Hub.
- Assist with developing and delivering brand engagement initiatives.
- Represent Belmond's L&D Team at various external events and internal meetings.
- Assist the Global Human Resources Director with Global projects as needed.
- Structure and organise training plans and reviews for all interns and trainees based in Corporate Office.
- Keep up to date with developments in the industry, monitoring trends, practices and making recommendations relating to these.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Global travel required occasionally.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably in the luxury hospitality industry
- Experience with designing, delivering and evaluating training
- Knowledge and experience of training methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively to other people across all levels
- Excellent public relations and communication skills
- Experience with online learning platforms
Competitive salary plus company benefits.