10 months ago
Information on the company
A customer focused organisation providing a range of professional advice and support services to clinical commissioning groups and health service providers working with over 1.9 million patients across London. In addition, they provide services for London ambulance commissioning across all of London and a cancer commissioning network for North West and South London.
This is a 4 month internship paying the annual equivalent of £21,168 with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the Human Resources team to assist in delivering effective advisory HR services across the organisation. This is an excellent internship for a recent graduate looking to kick start their career in Human Resource management or more generally looking to gain commercial work experience in a large organisation.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
• Work in conjunction with the other HR Assistants and HR Advisors to provide an effective advisory service across the sector.
• Learn how to provide first level guidance and advice on HR policies and procedures e.g. annual leave and sickness absence queries.
• Learn how to update and maintain HR databases to support the HR Advisor in monitoring a range of human resource activities.
• Learn how to produce letters and other correspondence in response to HR queries received from staff or external sources.
• Assist the HR team in providing minute taking support at disciplinary hearings, investigations and other meetings as required.
• Provide managers with support and advice on general HR queries.
• Support the HR Assistants where necessary to provide an efficient and effective recruitment service across the group.
• Input and maintain the accuracy of personal files and details held on HR databases such as ESR (Electronic Staff Record). Including liaising with Payroll providers and adhering to relevant deadlines.
• Actively participate in open days and job fairs when requested.
• Support with the administration of staff benefits notably season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and cycle hire.
• Assist with the mandatory training system including the provision of passwords and producing regular usage reports.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the HR Advisor.
What are the ideal intern’s skills, experience and personality?
• Educated to degree level.
• Computer literate with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
• Knowledge or willingness to learn about internal recruitment and payroll systems.
• Knowledge of Human Resources processes is preferred but not required.
• Good communication skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with team members and managers.
• Able to adapt to change and work independently.
• Able to demonstrate personal and professional integrity.
• Ability to manage workload and organise conflicting priorities, to deadline and under pressure.
• Working with a variety of software packages including spread sheets and databases.
• Human Resources qualification or equivalent experience is preferred but not required.
What is the last person who was in this role doing now?
The last person in this position has now progressed onto a permanent member of staff progressing internally within the company.
What are the perks of working for this company?
• Work for a world renowned healthcare organisation delivering a world class service, with multiple divisions there is ample room for career progression within the organisation and personal development is widely encouraged.
• Receive industry leading training and work for Europe’s largest employer.
Apply for this role