Job Title: Head of Corporate Services
Location: Cwmbran, South Wales
Salary: Up to £53,750 pro rata per annum (depending on experience)
Job Type: Maternity Cover (9 months fixed term)
Closing Date: Noon, Monday 12th February 2018
Interview Date: Friday 2nd March 2018
Due to pending maternity leave, the organisation is now seeking a talented Head of Corporate Services for a fixed term period of nine months. This is a unique and challenging role at an exciting time for them.
Reporting into the Director of Resources you will be instrumental in the delivery and development of Corporate Services to ensure we provide a high quality, cost-effective, compliant and customer focused service.
Key Role Requirements
- Leadership, Staffing and Organisational Development
- Ensure the effective management and use of all resources, developing frameworks which support delegated decision making, developing and empowering staff to reach their full potential
- Support the development of and ensure effective management of people through human resources systems and process (e.g. policies and procedures, communication, PDPs, 121s, team meetings) to help ensure and the desired organisational culture, so that our client is able to, recruit, motivate, recognise, reward, develop and retain staff to deliver the Service and business plan aims and ambitions
- Support the development of and ensure the deployment of individual, team, service, and organisational performance frameworks which reward and recognise contributions, and which enable underperformance to be addressed
- Support Corporate Services and other colleagues in the provision of Corporate Management Information, Quality Assurance and Procurement
- Ensure close, collaborative and effective working with colleagues across the business
- Relevant knowledge and experience of compliance, quality assurance and performance management.
- Understand the context of rented social housing provided by registered social landlords.
- Skilled people manager with the proven ability to bring out the best in people, actively recognising achievement and addressing underperformance
- Extensive staff management experience with the proven ability to bring out the best in people, inspire confidence and respect and to measure individual and team performance.
- Experience of identifying the need for and supporting major organisational change and actively engaging people internally and externally in the development and improvement of services.
- Lateral thinker with creative, proactive but analytical problem solving skills
- Used to confidently managing own workload and enjoys working to tight deadlines, within a changing environment
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings, to attend committee and other meetings where required.
- Car driver /owner or ability to travel effectively and in timely fashion throughout Torfaen.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for a link to the application pack.
Candidates with the relevant experience of job titles of; Corporate Services Manager, Head of Corporate Services, People Development, Organisational Development, Workforce Engagement Officer, Communications Management, Corporate Services Coordinator, Qualified Prince 2, MSP Practitioner, Programme Management, Project Management, Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Workforce Engagement, Corporate Services Operations, Corporate Services Director may also be considered for this role.