Over the last few years, Black Sun has invested heavily into our talent agenda, including building a highly functional HR team (or “Talent Team” as we like to call ourselves) and we are now recruiting for a driven and dynamic Head of HR with a strong Generalist background to take our talent activities to the next level. Reporting into the CEO, our Head of Talent will work closely with the CEO to set our people strategy and ensure that all of our talent activities support the strategic direction of the business and drive towards attracting, developing and retaining top talent.
Our new Head of Talent will need to be comfortable with a hands-on role whilst developing and, through the Talent team, driving to execution the full spectrum of ‘talent activities’ including: talent attraction, on-boarding, talent development, reward and recognition, retention strategies, communication and engagement programmes, ER, policy development and implementation and the production of MI and analysis and reporting. They will also need to be comfortable with and capable of challenging the organisation and coming up with new ideas along the way.
We are looking for a natural and charismatic leader for our Talent Team, who is excited about managing, developing and mentoring the team, which consists of a Talent Development Consultant, Recruitment and Talent Manager, Talent Administrator and Front of House Manager.
We will expect you to use your creative style and innovative approach to do things differently whilst keeping our culture and values alive. It is essential that you have a strong empathy with our corporate purpose and understand and buy into our proposition, share our values… and have a great sense of humour!
- Work collaboratively with the CEO to define, develop and execute an annual Talent Plan that supports our business strategy to attract, develop and retain our top talent
- Lead, develop and motivate the HR team to ensure delivery of high quality and efficient talent attraction, on-boarding, development, reward, engagement and retention activities
- Have a hands on approach to implementing all activities, executing new projects and consistently evolving our activities to develop a ‘best in class’ business
- Replicate and embed all talent activities within our Singapore office
- Drive the development and production of management information, analysis and reporting that supports and informs timely and effective business decision making
- Proactively keep up-to-date with industry best practices, trends and external developments which may impact the business
- Take the lead on ER issues, contractual negotiations and developing and implementing policies
- Continually challenge the business to improve our talent agenda
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced generalist HR Manager/Head of HR, with demonstrable experience developing and implementing a Talent Strategy, and delivering a broad range of talent activities, programmes and initiatives;
- Must have HR qualification, ideally CIPD certification, equivalent or above;
- Must have strong management experience;
- Must have experience and be comfortable with all aspects of generalist HR, including engagement and communications programmes, learning and development, talent attraction, employee relations and policies;
- Must possess strong influencing skills and be confident in the calibre of advice you give to senior managers;
- Must be a proactive, creative individual who is results driven and confident in their ability to build trust and respect with colleagues;
- Have a flexible and team focussed, non-hierarchical approach with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude to getting the job done; and
- A great sense of humour and fun!!
A bit about us:
We are one of the UK's leading Stakeholder Communications agencies based in the beautiful grounds of Fulham Palace, London. Black Sun is an award winning, fast growing agency with 100 employees, with offices in both London and Singapore. We work with some of the world's largest international organisations on a range of exciting corporate communications projects.
What’s in it for you:
Growth; at Black Sun we have a dedicated team who work towards developing our people
Training; as leaders in stakeholder communications, you will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, industry professionals. We also offer both internal and external training programmes
Socials (lots of them!); whether it be summer sports activities, Bake Offs, our annual Christmas party...or our complimentary breakfast every Friday morning
Benefits; we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, a discretionary bonus scheme, 22 days holidays (as well as a holiday loyalty scheme) and remote working opportunities
Above anything else, Black Sun is a team of talented, friendly and diverse people driven by common values, and a genuine desire to make a positive difference in the world of business. This is hard, but fulfilling work.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join us on our journey to build a great company, then we’d love to hear from you!