Your main duties/ projects will be:
1. Carry out a consultation for a department restructure.
2. Lead the Joint Consultation Committee (in conjunction with the Director of Operations). This will include consultations on contracts, policy and equality issues such as the Gender Pay Gap.
3. Work closely with the Senior Management Team and line managers to develop leadership and line management capability through coaching, mentoring and supporting performance management.
4. Lead the HR team to review and implement updated HR procedures for recruitment, on-boarding and induction, performance appraisal and reward and recognition frameworks.
5. Promote positive work relations with the union representatives and lead on union consultation and negotiation in accordance with the Joint Recognition Agreement.
6. Review and update workforce policies and procedures in consultation with the union representatives.
7. Lead the review and implementation of the HR Information and Payroll System.
8. Lead change management initiatives, including collective and individual consultations.
9. Lead on employee engagement surveys, communication and action plans.
10Embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion values, approaches and initiatives in all HR practices, ensuring that all managers role model inclusive people management.
11 Responsible for the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) staff return is completed (training will be provided).