Purpose of the Role:
To provide full administrative support to the Human Resources (HR) department.
* Administer all the Firm's benefits including liaising with benefit providers and brokers, ensuring all information is up to date and correct
* Assist with the benefit renewal processes
* Administer the Firm's pension schemes, including Auto Enrolment, liaising with the pension provider and broker, ensuring all information is up to date and correct
* Maintain and update HRPro (HR database) with benefit and pension information
* Assist the ER team in ensuring new joiner review standards are met by new recruits, involving attending meetings with managers and new joiners
* Assist with the maternity/paternity/adoption process including liaising with employees and managers
* Produce documentation in relation to new joiner review process, maternity, paternity, flexible working and changes to terms and conditions of employment
* Arrange the Induction programme for all new joiners
* Administer training delivered by external providers, the L&D team and online programmes
* Book external courses and provide joining instructions for attendees
* Assist in the organisation and implementation of the Trainee Induction Programme
* Administer the compliance programmes including reporting non-completion to the Professional
* Build professional relationships with Legal and Business Services recruitment agencies
* Attend and assist with agency briefings and job briefings from internal stakeholders
* Liaise with partners/managers, agencies and direct candidates to arrange interviews
* Attend and/or conduct Administrator level interviews as and when appropriate
* Maintain and update the applicant tracking system (ATS) with information on all external and
* Assist in reviewing the Training Contract and Vacation Scheme on-line Application Forms
* Assist in the organisation of Assessment Centres and Open Days for Graduates, Legal Apprentices and Vacation Students
* Arrange interviews with the Teams/Divisions and liaise with candidates
* Regularly check post, prepare and despatch outgoing/internal mail
* Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls and queries and relay messages
* Monitor and respond to the HR Admin mailbox
* Prepare invoices for approval and liaise with suppliers on outstanding invoices
* Actively participate in HR Admin projects
This is a developing role and the job profile is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team's objectives and Firm policy.
The Person - Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* HR experience in professional services environment
* Ability to work at speed and balance a wide range of activities at any one time and at short notice
* Highly professional with strong client facing skills and an ability to forge strong and lasting internal relationships
* Committed, enthusiastic and innovative
* Strong attention to detail
* Flexible and resilient with good problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate at all levels with good organisational skills
* Good level of IT literacy and numeracy skills
* Qualifications: Degree or CIPD
* HR experience in a Law Firm
Kennedys' Firm information:
Kennedys is an international law firm with expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance/reinsurance and liability industries. With over 1,700 people worldwide across 32 offices in the UK and Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America, we have some of the most respected legal minds in their fields.
We act for insurers, reinsurers, Lloyd's Syndicates, public bodies and corporates. Our deep sector knowledge means that we understand the impact of proposed regulations and advise our clients on the implications this will have on their business. Every day we make a difference for our clients.
We provide answers, recommendations, strategy and tactics. We deliver these in plain English and it's what we call Legal advice in black and white.
What do we have to offer?
At Kennedys we offer a vibrant and supportive working environment built upon our core values; we are approachable, and responsive, we show respect for people, we are trustworthy and straightforward and we ensure that we deliver economic solutions for our clients.
We actively encourage all staff to develop in their chosen career by providing early responsibility, supervision and training.
Please see attached job description for further information.