Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
· Inputting starters and leavers onto our in-house systems
· Preparing and issuing Main Terms and Conditions of Employment, as and when required
· Preparing contract amendments
· Ensuring all relevant documentation has been provided by the employee prior to processing
· Working in partnership with the Payroll Department
· Working with a Regional HR Business Partner on ad hoc administration
· Processing paperwork in time for set monthly deadlines
· Managing own caseload whilst assisting to the wider team as needed
· Liaising with managers and directors on a daily basis
· An understanding of the need for, and legal requirements of, confidentiality within HR
· Willingness to learn in house systems and process
· Operate within company guidelines and policies at all times
· Build effective and friendly relationships with managers across the company
· Achievement of Service Level Agreements to ensure payroll deadlines are met
You'll be a friendly and bubbly character who enjoys mixing with people. You will be a self-starter with the ability to use your own initiative and really hit the ground running. You will have sound admin experience (at least one year) and ideally have a CIPD qualification or be working towards this. The ideal candidate will also have experience of using Northgate Software, however experience of working with other payroll systems would also be advantageous.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.