Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
· Providing administration support to HR Assistants, Business Partners and Management on an ad hoc basis
· Preparation and administration of all new starter contracts and documentation, including all background checks.
· Working in partnership with Payroll and the Capability Team
· Updating and maintaining employee records.
· Managing own caseload whilst assisting to the wider team as needed.
· Liaising with managers and directors on a daily basis.
· An understanding of the need for, and legal requirements of, confidentiality within HR.
· Willingness to learn in house systems and processes.
· Operate within company guidelines and policies at all times.
· Build effective and friendly relationships with managers across the company.
About the person
You'll be a friendly and bubbly character who enjoys mixing with people; has good attention to detail and strong organisation skills. You will be a self-starter with the ability to use your own initiative and really hit the ground running. You will have sound admin experience (at least one year). A CIPD qualification is not required, however this would be advantageous. The ideal candidate will also have experience of using Northgate Software, though experience of working with other payroll systems would also be beneficial.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017 and 2018.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.