2 months ago
JOB TITLE: HR Shared Service Centre Administrator
LOCATION: Preston, Lancashire
SALARY & BENEFITS: £18,500 per annum
WORKING HOURS: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30. Permanent
THE COMPANY: Johnston Press are a leading media company within the UK with brands including The I, The Scotsman, Yorkshire Post, Sheffield Star, and Portsmouth News. Our digital audience is nationwide and we reach over 24m users a month across mobile, desktop and tablet.
THE ROLE: We are currently looking to recruit an experienced HR Administrator to join our small and friendly team in Preston, Lancashire. The purpose of the position is to deliver a professional HR service to the organisation through provision of effective and efficient HR administration.
- To manage the administrative process of new starters, leavers, transfers, sickness absence, maternity and paternity leave in an accurate and timely manner. To prepare appointment letters, contracts of employment, variations of contract etc. in line with current legislation and service levels.
- To process payroll documentation and liaise with our payroll department as necessary.
- To respond to external requests for information e.g. reference requests, solicitor’s letters, benefit agency, financial references.
- To update and maintain computerized and manual files and records.
- Any other duties as required for the effective and efficient provision of a HR administration service across the Johnston Press Group.
- To ensure continual professional and personal development in order to maximise their capability.
- To adopt a flexible approach to working hours and duties in line with the needs of the business.
- Communicate and champion the Johnston Press values and culture.
- To adhere to Johnston Press policy and procedure guidelines in all areas including Health and Safety.
THE CANDIDATE: The HR Administrator will have previous experience, ideally within a Shared Service Centre. You will have excellent attention to detail, and demonstrate a clear understanding of confidentiality and respect sensitive information.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy (English and Maths GCSE or equivalent)
- CIPD Level 3 qualified, or working towards this qualification
- Able to organise and prioritise workloads
- Maintain excellent standards of customer care
- Demonstrate ability to compile letters, emails etc
- Able to provide accurate statistical data
- Be computer literate
- Able to communicate effectively - both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain and develop strong business relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving
- Commitment to learn HR policies and procedures in supporting the HR function
If you have the relevant experience and skills for this position then please hit “the apply” button now
You will then be sent an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
22 days ago
only 6 days until close