Are you a pro-active, creative and talented HR professional? Do you want to join a successful and growing HR team, and keen to develop your HR skills further? If so, we want to hear from you! We currently have an excellent opportunity for you to join our team as a HR Administrator.
Newsquest is one of the largest regional multimedia publishing companies in the UK. Our online audience is extensive - more than 26 million monthly unique visitors. Our parent company is Gannett Inc, the largest news publisher in the US, with titles including USA Today and our suite of Digital Marketing Solutions and Technology grows daily.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious HR Administrator with a proven experience of working in the fast-paced environments delivering high volume of administrative activities throughout the employment lifecycle together with a comprehensive and efficient HR administrative service.
To meet the demands of this busy and varied role, you must be organised, attentive to details and disciplined in your approach as you will often be faced with conflicting and last-minute deadlines, including multi-tasking, high level proactivity and flexibility are of paramount importance to counteract these challenges.
You will be expected to be a competent communicator to be able to offer a professional first-line advice on the Company's industrial relations, people management and family friendly policies as well as the employment legislation and best practice.
You will work alongside a small team of four and will report into the HR Business Partner for this region, who oversees the HR Service team, so it is important that you are approachable and able to build positive relations. You will also be expected to support the Group HR Director and HR Business Partners dispersed across the UK, so it is essential that you promptly respond and escalate queries for their input and successful resolution. You will also support the Recruitment Manager and Internal recruitment team where required for any recruitment related tasks that come into the HR Service team.
If you are currently looking for a challenging opportunity to join a forward-thinking organisation to further develop your professional experience, then this role may be ideal for you.
Ideally you will have some HR experience already from working within an office environment/large organization. However, we are considering those who are also junior in HR and want to develop further. For this role you must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good administration skills, competent with Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Online etc)
· Discrete and confidential approach with HR queries in general, and competent handling sensitive information
· Good team work ability
· Able to multi-task and prioritise own workload
· Able to absorb information correctly and identify actions needed, including any urgent or priority actions, able to escalate where required and appropriate.
· Experience already gained in a HR environment, competent with HR databases and policies an advantage
· Educated to GCSE level including Maths and English
· If you hold a current CIPD qualification this is an advantage but not essential
We'll look after you with….
· Competitive base salary (details can be discussed upon application)
· Newsquest Pension scheme
· 25 days annual leave
· Free onsite car parking