Job Title: HR Administrator
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
The Company is LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and is a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of their Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of them is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
They are currently recruiting for a HR Administrator to provide administrative support to their HR Team. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented administrator to join their team and gain valuable HR specialist experience. The right candidate will have the chance to develop into HR career.
- Maintaining absence records: updating holiday, sickness, medical and authorised absences on the HR system. Checking employees input correctly on the HR system.
- Daily absence summary email to all staff
- Dealing with day-to-day enquiries from staff
- Supporting the HR Team with project work e.g. absenteeism initiatives, company newsletter, improvement to the HR system and general policies and procedures.
- Liaising with new starters upon offer of employment, producing and sending contracts of employment, requesting references and coordinating new starter set-up on system.
- Inducting all new starters
- Completing checklists for new staff, internal promotions, and leavers to ensure a seamless service. The role holder will be responsible for working with the Department Heads and IT team to transfer knowledge and information in a timely manner
- Updating the company website with new starters and leavers
- General administration of the recruitment process i.e. interview confirmation, rejection letters. Scope to take over parts of the interview process.
- Arranging and booking training, keeping training records up to date.
- Ensuring personnel records, both on the HR system and hard file, are accurately and promptly maintained
- Administration support, such as filing, scanning, minute taking in meetings
- Assisting in compiling monthly payroll reports.
- Working with benefits providers, running ad hoc reports, liaising with Department Managers
- Attending and promoting the Company at graduate and apprentice recruitment events.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above (or international equivalent)
- Strong administration skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office - particularly Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Flexible attitude - ability to prioritise, and adapt to constantly shifting priorities
- Resilient nature and able to work under pressure
- Willingness to learn
- Strong understanding of confidentiality - tact and discretion are absolutely essential
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident on the telephone
- Attention to detail, and ability to work accurately.
- Able to demonstrate ability to coordinate information.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience of working as a HR Administrator
- Understanding of UK employment law would be advantageous but is not essential
- Related degree or masters qualification
37 hours preferred Mon to Friday (8:30am to 5pm)
The company always endeavour to recruit and retain the best staff around. To do so they offer competitive remuneration packages, ongoing training and development opportunities and a wide variety of interesting and challenging work. Additionally, they also offer the following incentives:
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death In Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24 hour helpline, Legal info and CBT - available immediately
- Free fruit delivered twice a week
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources Executive, HR Assistant, Human Resources Administrator, HR Admin will also be considered for this role.