Job Title: HR Administrator
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 6WR
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Job type: Full Time/Part Time, Permanent
The Company is a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. They supply materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications.
Their team comprises of scientists and engineers with extensive knowledge of materials and processing and committed operations staff who have ensured they have an unrivalled reputation for delivering solutions to even the most challenging of research problems that their 6000 customers may have.
Following a review of the HR needs of their growing and ambitious company, an exciting opportunity has been identified for an experienced HR Administrator who is looking to work in a stand-alone role supported by the Finance Director and HR Consultant.
The role will involve creating and maintaining all HR and recruitment administration in line with the company's procedures and established best practices and being the first point of contact for employees' and managers' day to day HR queries. They are flexible regarding working hours and are happy to consider applications from those wishing to work full or part-time hours.
- Create and manage all paperwork and administration relating to recruitment including:
- Drafting job descriptions and job adverts
- Sourcing candidates through online platforms and recruitment agencies
- Screening candidates
- Arranging interviews and tests
- Communicating with candidates throughout the process including sending acknowledgement and reject emails
- Create and manage all paperwork and administration relating to new starters including:
- Contracts of employment
- Pre-employment checks
- Arranging inductions and conducting first day orientations
- Create, and maintain employee information, personnel and training records
- Manage the sickness absence process including:
- Ensuring absences are recorded appropriately
- Return to work interviews are conducted
- Sickness levels are monitored and concerns flagged
- Create and maintain all administration and correspondence associated with HR including:
- Probationary reviews
- Salary reviews
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Maintain and communicate HR policies and procedures. Where appropriate draft or update HR policies and procedures due to changes in legislation or internal approach
- Act as a point of contact for general HR queries from employees and managers, answering queries where possible and escalating to the HR Consultant where necessary
- With the support of the HR Consultant, produce correspondence and administer disciplinary and grievance cases
- Administer the performance management process including:
- Distributing paperwork and guidelines
- Managing the time frames including sending reminders
- Filing returned forms
- Flagging any concerns raised during the process to the HR Consultant or senior management
- Provide HR information reports to the leadership team
- Previous experience as an HR Administrator is essential
- Hold or willing to study for the CIPD Level 3 Diploma or Certificate
- Socially confident with a positive and 'can do' attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organisation skills including the ability to prioritise work and manage their own time proactively and positively
- Ability to resolve employee and manager queries efficiently and positively in a timely manner
- Ability to cope with pressure and maintain a calm manner at all times
- Understands and demonstrates a commitment to confidentiality
- Flexitime scheme
- 22 days holiday increasing with service
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Personnel Assistant, Personnel Administrator, HR Administrator, HR Graduate, Human Resources Business, HR Advisor, Human Resources Executive, HR Assistant, Human Resources Analyst, Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources Administrator, Human Resources Advisor, Junior HR Officer, HR Admin, Human Recourses Advisor, Human Resources Officer, HR Generalist, HR Officer, Human Resources, Human Resources Graduate, CIPD may also be considered for this role.