Fixed term contract – 9 to 12 month maternity leave cover
37.5 hours per week
Restore Datashred is a division within the Restore plc group. As one of the UK’s leading on-site and off-site shredding companies, we provide confidential document and data shredding services throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
We are looking for an experienced HR Advisor to join our supportive and friendly team, providing expert and proactive HR advice and support to managers and employees across the business. The role will be based at our offices in Purfleet, Essex with travel from time to time to locations across the UK.
This is a busy and varied role where you will manage day-to-day employee relations cases and employee queries and issues, ensuring that they are dealt with quickly and efficiently while maintaining confidentiality at all times. You will prepare for disciplinary and grievance hearings and support the Managers to ensure they receive guidance with regards to all generalist HR issues.
Working closely with Managers you will support and advise on performance management, absence management and occupational health case management. Other tasks will include supporting the payroll team to ensure timely monthly reporting of payroll changes are captured accurately and the monitoring and review of HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance. You will support Managers with recruitment, onboarding and training ensuring all necessary steps are actioned in a timely manner. You will assist the Head of HR with initiatives to support employee engagement and talent management and work closely with the HR Assistant and HR Project Manager with other ad hoc project work.
Who are we looking for?
· The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of leading and managing ER cases
· Knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practice is essential
· Pragmatic 'can do' attitude with a focus on task completion
· Excellent spoken, written and interpersonal communication
· Experience of using HR Information Systems
· Commitment to delivering excellent service to stakeholders
· Generalist/advisor level HR experience in a manufacturing, construction or logistics environment would be preferable
· CIPD qualification would be desirable
What you’ll get from us
· Competitive salary
· 23 days holiday + bank holidays
· employee reward scheme
· employee discounts platform
· free on-site parking
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.