about 1 month ago
HR Adviser (Fixed Term Maternity Cover)
Our client is looking to recruit a highly organised HR professional to join their small and busy HR team as an HR Adviser, reporting to the Head of HR and working alongside the HR team. You will act as the first point of contact, providing support and guidance for first-line employment-related queries from employees and managers relating to the employee life cycles, including relevant policies and procedures and ensuring delivery of a first-class customer experience. The role also requires flexibility to manage coordination tasks and advisery duties.
This role would suit applicants already experienced as a HR Adviser with a strong employment law background.
HR Advisor Responsibilities:
- Providing HR advice and support for first-line employment related queries.
- Assisting line managers with the recruitment process and coordinating the induction journey.
- Support and advising managers and employees on the investigation, disciplinary, grievance, flexible working, occupational health, absence and performance management.
- Proactively supporting and coaching managers on how to deal with people issues and addressing underperformance within their team.
- Support employees through maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- Build relationships with managers and become a trusted adviser to positively influence approaches and behaviours in line with Company and good practice.
- Managing employee relation cases end-to-end, including administering own administration and note-taking.
- Manage or provide support in change management initiatives, including TUPE, restructures and redundancy situations.
- Writing and updating policies.
- Coordinating and administering all staff benefits.
- Producing monthly key HR metrics.
- Working with line managers to prioritise staff training needs and source appropriate learning and development solutions.
- Assisting with Newable’s Continuous Personal Development Journal process.
- Being a CSR Champion attending cross-functional meetings and promoting Newable values and behaviours.
- Supporting the company’s objective to promote a CSR culture that adheres to the highest standards of integrity, personal conduct, ethics and fairness.
- Providing support with HR project work.
HR Advisor Requirements:
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
- CIPD Level 5 qualified or part qualified.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Effective inter-personal and written communication skills.
- Customer and people focused.
- Employee Relations.
- Experience working with HR databases.
- Analytical mindset and problem solver.
- Ability to coach and support managers.
- Accountable and autonomous experience of having full ownership of tasks and activates.
- Good working knowledge of employment legislation and HR policy and practices
- Proven generalist experience as an HR Adviser.
- Ability to manage confident and sensitive information with discretion.
- Resilience when faced with ambiguity and changing priorities whilst maintaining a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- High level of personal credibility with the courage to challenge when required.
- Confident, trustworthy and a reliable team player
- Proficient IT skills and experience of using an HR database.
- Social media skills.
The successful candidate will behave in accordance with our clients values: Dream Big, Get Going, Grow Together, Always Improve and Pass It On.
About our client:
Thyey work to unleash the extraordinary potential of Britain's business men and women. They provide a range of products and services that help people start up, sustain and scale their businesses.
Location: Aldersgate, London
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £32,000- £38,000 per annum
Closing date for applications: 4th July, 2021
You may have experience of the following: HR Coordinator, HR Advisor, HR Assistant, HR Manager, Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources Advisor, HR Officer, HR Adviser, Human Resources Manager, Employment Law, etc.