12 months ago
This company is a registered provider of social housing to vulnerable people. Their objective is to promote social inclusion by preventing homelessness, social exclusion assisting clients integrating into society by the provision of social housing suitable care and support.
They are looking to appoint a part-time HR Advisor to join them immediately. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, assertive, CIPD qualified individual who will play an important role in the organisation. Working in partnership with managers, you will support the organisation to implement robust HR practices including developing workable procedures to address a wide range of situations.
FTE £33,000, PTE FOR 20hpw £19,200
Provide appropriate, consistent, comprehensive and professional HR advice and support to managers on a full range of HR and Employee Relations issues including:
- Recruitment and retention
- Appraisals, reviews, supervision
- Any disciplinary/grievance issues as they arise
- All HR related administration
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Observance of employment law/best practice concepts
- Help managers resolve complex issues through attending performance, sickness, discipline and grievance hearings as required
- Work with managers to bring about better use and understanding of HR policies and processes
- Monitor and manage procedural compliance with standard HR policies and procedures
- Ensure the accuracy of data input onto our HR/Payroll system and provide management reports as required by interrogating/manipulating the system
- Ensure that users of the HR Online system, use it promptly and correctly
- Provide HR Reports on a monthly Basis
- Quality assure the employee life-cycle process from induction, to performance management to exit.
- Be integral in creating a continuous improvement culture.
To succeed as our human resources advisor, you'll need to be CIPD qualified and educated to degree level.
Experience & Skills;
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in an HR Advisor role with CIPD membership
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and its practical application
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels
- The ability to work with discretion at all times
- Experience of working as part of a team with common goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong IT skills
- Ability to work with staff managers to ensure consistent application of policies and procedures
- Good time management with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise as necessary
- Well-organised approach and the ability to challenge effectively when required
- Experience of providing sound HR advice across the full range of employment issues and a flair for identifying and implementing process improvements to enhance the HR offering
- A track record of managing, planning and implementing change and experience of working with multi-site, multi-disciplinary teams