2 months ago
The Company is going through a period of significant change and have a renewed focus on adding value via People initiatives. This Generalist HR role is an opportunity to grow and expand in a small team of HR Generalists. There is opportunity to be involved in HR activities which touch on each aspect of the employee lifecycle from resourcing, employee relations to learning and development. With the support of the Head of Human Resources the successful applicant will also have the opportunity to take a lead role in initiatives such as Performance Management or GPDR. Experience of managing employee relations through liaison with recognised trade unions will be core to this role as will a sound understanding of employee engagement for this Company which genuinely values each and every employee.
Position: HR Advisor
Location: Swinton, Manchester
Job Type: Full Time, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum
About the role:
The HR Advisor will provide generalist HR support across a range of HR activities including employee resourcing, employee relation issues, performance management, time and attendance, learning & development.
The role is for a fixed term of 12 months with the opportunity to earn a results based bonus on completion of the 12 months period.
- Oversee recruitment and selection campaigns ensuring these are carried out in line with company policy and best practice
- Develop and oversee an effective on boarding process to support new staff and ensure key requirements are met
- Compile and issue formal correspondence to employees including offers of employment, contracts, and formal letters ensuring accuracy and issue in a timely manner
- Manage employee short term and long-term absence matters in partnership with management and Occupational Health as required
- Assist with the planning, organisation and co-ordination of learning activities to assist in the sharing of knowledge across the company
- Act as point of contact for HR queries from line management and staff providing advice and guidance on employment matters into account employment law, best practice and terms and conditions of employment
- Represent HR on employee forums, at meetings and occasional external events such as job fairs
- Act as Champion of employee involvement and employee communication
- Oversee the Time and Attendance system and review same on a regular basis
- Updating and maintain various HR software systems ensure integrity of data on same
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Diploma in Human Resource Management / Business with HR Focus
- Affiliate member of the CIPD
- Previous experience of working in an internal HR setting
- Experience of Employee Resourcing
- Experience of managing Employee Relations matters including managing absence, disciplinary & grievance, under performance and providing advice and guidance to management on same
- Experience of using HR and / or Time and Attendance software systems
- Excellent knowledge of employment law and best practice HR
- Evidence of CPD
- Proficient user of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Good Communication Skills
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Degree / Masters in Human Resources Management / Business with HR Focus
- Chartered Member of CIPD or working towards same.
- Experience of working in a HR role within manufacturing environment
- Experience of External Auditing / ISO systems
- Knowledge of Learning & Development processes and procedures
- Full clean driving licence
You may have experience of the following: Human Resources Advisor, HR Advisor, Human Resources Generalist, HR Generalist, Human Resources Officer, HR Officer, Human Resources Executive, HR Executive, Human Resources, Human Resources Manager, HR Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.