We have an excellent position on offer for a HR Advisor within a Finance Bank in Nottingham.
The position of HR Advisor is for a 12 month fixed term contract. This is a very exciting, fun time in this business as there are lots of projects and improvements going on and you have the chance to be part of a high achieving, dedicated team who are driving large improvements.
As HR Advisor you will report to the Head of HR to:
• Provide a comprehensive and professional HR service to the business;
• Support the HR Team in the continuous improvement of the HR operational function;
• Identify employee relations issues and work with Directors and Managers to resolve them;
• Support the change management process.
• To be part of the HR Team and take responsibility for an effective and efficient day to day HR administration of UK based employees
• Be responsible for the casework in the Bank such as disciplinary, grievance, absence management and be the policy adviser to all stakeholders
• Maintain Human Resources files ensuring appropriate compliance with Data Protection legislation
• Provide system advice, training for new staff and line managers, troubleshooting problems with any HR related systems.
• Manage the Reward and Recognition process ensuring praise cards/co-workers, co-worker and line manager awards are communicated, collected and delivered, including arranging gifts, awards and lunches are ordered accordingly, promoting the R&R process within the business to get engagement of others.
• To provide support to managers with the recruitment and selection process including speaking to recruitment agencies, advertising vacancies and supporting the selection process/interviews and feedback to candidates/external agencies.
• Monitoring the recruitment budget, PSL and defining efficiencies and cost savings as part of the continuous improvement cycle
• Carry out pre-employment checks for successful candidates. This includes reference checks, pre-employment ID checks and DBS checks, highlight to HR team any issues raised
• Responsible for the new starter process, including setting up new starters, and ensure all details are accurately recorded
• Organise on-boarding documentation for new starters and communicate details of new employees to appropriate colleagues to ensure facilities and equipment are readily available upon commencement of employment
• Monitor new starter probation dates, ensure reviews take place and process all associated records
• Manage and record absence records, including producing relevant paperwork
• Process requests for Family Friendly leave, (Maternity, Paternity, Shared Parental Leave)
• To be responsible for the leaver process, including leaving correspondence, leaver emails, calculating outstanding annual leave and exit questionnaires/interviews
• Prepare reports and analysis and make recommendations on reports such as FTE, attrition reports, using the HR system to produce reports for monthly management meetings and quarterly Committees
• Prepare documentation and reports for monthly payroll sign off process
• Liaise with suppliers for pension, benefits and health care provision.
To be successful for the role of HR Advisor you must have:
• Relevant HR experience
• The ability to work on your own initiative
• Effective communication skills
• Good judgement and pragmatism
Please note that as this is working for a Bank that for the position of Payment Support Advisor there will be some pre-employment checks - DBS (Criminal Records Check), Credit Check, CIFAS (Database of People who have committed fraud).
For the role of HR Advisor, there is a salary on offer of £24,000 to £26,000 per annum and they also offer a host of excellent benefits.
How to Apply