8 months ago
Our client’s Mission is to work with partners and the communities they serve to make Nottinghamshire a safe, secure place to live, work and visit. Our client’s priorities are to: engage their communities, create a service that works for local people and become an employer of choice. They are looking for individuals who share their PROUD values and have a passion for contributing towards their priorities.
Position: People Services Advisor
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Part time or flexible working options will be considered)
Hours: 37 working Monday to Friday
Salary: £29,601 to £31,365 per annum pro rata if part time
About the role:
As the HR Advisor you will provide a high quality, professional and business focused people service. You’ll support the design and delivery of people service plans and solutions that respond to the changing demands of the organisation.
- Provide a complete HR service throughout the employee life cycle, to include advice, guidance and support to line managers on their decision making in respect of the application of all aspects of the employment relationship
- Support the development of managerial capability to handle difficult, complex and sensitive people issues
- Provide a complete people services support function ensuring consistency and appropriate application of policies
- Providing guidance, advice and support to line Managers on complex attendance grievance and performance related cases
- Advise and support managers in developing and delivery of change programmes and other initiatives e.g. changes to terms and conditions of employment, changes to shift patterns etc
- Establish and maintain strong links with the Advisory Service within the collaborative MFSS to ensure calls are escalated at the correct point
- Support the development and timely implementation of efficient and effective HR solutions for people issues, including the delivery of one off HR programmes or projects.
- Ensure internal policies and legislative requirements are followed appropriately
- Provide accurate management information to support the delivery against service level agreements, key performance indicators and other projects and plans, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times in line with the Data Protection Act, other legislation and best practice
- Research, identify and promote the use of HR best practice to resolve people issues, and develop capability and capacity across the organisation, ensuring compliance with legislative and policy requirements.
- Ensure that the force values and behavioural expectations are clearly understood and considered by officers, staff and managers
- Associate CIPD qualified or equivalent experience to carry out the main duties of the role
- Relevant and successful experience in delivering generalist HR services
- Knowledge and experience of relevant professional areas for example casework, sickness absence, change management, resourcing and operations
- Experience of effective negotiations
- Proven ability of using HR interventions to drive performance
- Knowledge and understanding of current employment legislation and its application.
- Competent to the equivalent of at least Associate CIPD
- Must have the ability to travel around the County to various locations as and when required
You may have experience of the following: Human Resources Advisor, HR Advisor, Human Resources Generalist, HR Generalist, Human Resources Officer, HR Officer, Human Resources Executive, HR Executive, Human Resources, Human Resources Manager, HR Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.