2 months ago
JOB TITLE: HR Advisor – Shared Service Centre
LOCATION: Preston, Lancashire
SALARY & BENEFITS: £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
WORKING HOURS: Monday – Friday – 37.5 hours - 9 month maternity contract
THE COMPANY: Johnston Press are a leading media company within the UK with brands including The I, The Scotsman, Yorkshire Post, Sheffield Star, and Portsmouth News. Our digital audience is nationwide and we reach over 24m users a month across mobile, desktop and tablet.
THE ROLE: We are currently looking to recruit an experienced HR Advisor to join our small and friendly team in Preston, Lancashire. You will contribute to the success of the Company by delivery of a professional, proactive and tailored HR advice service to Managers and Employees. To support with the provision of a high quality and efficient HR administration service to the Company.
To ensure wherever possible that technical and ‘e’ HR initiatives and opportunities are utilised to deliver the above service
Key Responsibilities of the HR Advisor, Preston to include
- To act as the first point of contact for all HR enquiries. To provide accurate and timely advice via telephone and e-mail to both managers and employees, adopting an exceptional customer service approach at all times.
- To advise and support managers on all HR issues up to and including Gross Misconduct/Dismissal level including discipline, grievance, absence management and performance management. In particular:
- To ensure the proactive management of all periods of long term sickness absence (4 week +) and absences related to psychological ill health such as Stress and Depression.
- To proactively manage and provide advice to managers on all instances of persistent sickness absence in line with the company trigger points.
- To drive management of a caseload, ensuring cases are progressed in a timely manner.
- To obtain appropriate sign off from the HRSSC Director (or equivalent) for dismissal or any decision of precautionary suspension and or any decision to request support/attendance from local HR.
- To ensure that consistency is upheld and risk to the Company is controlled during case management.
- To advise and support Managers on compliance with all Personnel Policy and Procedures and legislation; ensuring strong knowledge in these areas and interpreting policy and legislation into real-world advice.
- To work in partnership with the Company by fostering strong working relationships with all managers, building trust and rapport, ensuring support is provided and discussion on case management is consultative in nature.
- To maintain accurate and up to date case management records and service level logs, reporting on these as required by the HR SSC Director.
- To play a proactive role in continually developing the service offered by the HRSSC in conjunction with the HR SSC Director.
- To manage administrative processes and provide support to the HR Administrators as determined by the HR SSC Director including the processing of documentation, updating of Resource Link records and liaison with Payroll. All administration is to be completed in line with current legislation and service level agreements.
This is not an exhaustive list of your day to day duties
THE CANDIDATE: The HR Advisor will have previous experience, ideally within a Shared Service Centre. You will have excellent attention to detail, and demonstrate a clear understanding of confidentiality and respect sensitive information.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good standard of education (minimum of English & Maths GCSE Grades A-C or equivalent)
- Able to organise and prioritise workloads
- Maintain excellent standards of customer care
- Demonstrate ability to compile letters, emails etc
- Able to provide accurate statistical data
- Be computer literate
- Able to communicate effectively - both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain and develop strong business relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving
- CIPD Qualification or working towards and/or relevant degree is desirable
- Experience in HR computer based systems is desirable
If you have the relevant experience and skills for this position then please hit “the apply” button now
You will then be sent an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
26 days ago
only 2 days until close