South East/West – Oxford/Reading/Cheltenham
Home based with east access to travel as required
Competitive salary plus benefit and reward schemes
Part Time 30 hours per week
upto12 months - Maternity cover
Are you an employee relations focused HR Advisor with multi-site experience? If so join one the UK’s most recognisable charities and contribute to the incredible work we do.
We are looking for an experienced HR Advisor to support our healthcare services in our Hospices. This is an excellent opportunity to develop tools and practices that assist the centre directors and their teams to perform in their roles. Reporting to the People Business Partner you will provide a professional HR service that spans across employee relations, recruitment and training and development.
Other responsibilities include:
• Delegating and directing support requests for first level advice, referring HR matters of strategy and queries of a complex nature to the People Business Partner supporting where necessary.
• Providing advice and support to managers in handling employee relations issues such as discipline, absence, capability and assist Managers in the preparation of case statements
• Acting as the People representative at formal hearings and meetings and managing an agreed case load.
• Assisting with the roll out and implementation of Policies and Procedures as required and promoting best practice behaviours through expertise and up to date knowledge
• Attending selection interviews as required and advise managers on fair and effective recruitment and selection practices, supporting the job evaluation processes as required.
It’s an exciting time to join Sue Ryder and to hit the ground running. Ideally you will have CIPD Membership alongside a sound understanding of employment law in its practical application. You’ll be a good relationship builder and a team player with experience of managing and prioritising a busy case load. You’ll have good database and report writing skills and an outstanding attention to detail.
*Competitive Benefits Package* –25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays (pro rata), buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods, Nurse Referral Bonus Scheme. For a full list of employee benefits please visit our main careers webpage.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to be a safety net for our patients and their loved ones at the most difficult time of their lives. We see the person, not the condition.
First Interview: 4th October 2018 - Doncaster