4 months ago
You may remember our client as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. It is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. Our client is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: HR Advisor
Location: Cowley, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000 per annum
About the role:
You will provide comprehensive expert HR advice and will be the first point of contact over the telephone and email for all colleagues and Managers across the company referring to company policies and procedures and employment law as appropriate, specifically in areas of:
- Absence Management.
- Employee Relations.
- Performance Management.
- Provide case management, advice, guidance and coaching to line managers in the areas of absence management, discipline, grievance.
- Assist with the development of local and group HR policies and procedures.
- Support the maternity process in accordance with current legislation & Company Policy.
- Create basic HR training modules and deliver these and other training and development activities / interventions as required.
- Support change management activities as and when they occur, ensuring effective employee communication and engagement is maintained.
- Create and maintain a positive team culture and spirit, encouraging involvement from team members.
- CPP qualified / working towards CIPD.
- Previous experience of working in a busy HR department in a generalist advisory capacity / similar role.
- Thorough understanding of HR processes and procedures.
- Up to date, working knowledge of current UK employment law.
- Experience of supporting in disciplinary / grievance hearings up to dismissals.
- Proven experience of working in a confidential environment.
- Strong planning, organising and time management skills – able to balance priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially via email and telephone.
- Ability to process information accurately, quickly and logically.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Customer focus – taking accountability for proactively resolving issues.
- Unafraid to challenge practice / process and people to ensure efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Strong planning and time management skills - able to balance priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work on own initiative whilst balancing the need to involve others for maximum effectiveness.
You may have experience of the following: HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Administrator, Human Resources Administrator, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, HR Executive, Human Resources Executive, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources, etc.
28 days ago
only 11 hours until close
26 days ago
only 2 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close