Our client is proud of their history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. They support more than 1500 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As an Investor in People, they have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both their Board and Leadership Team. As a result, they are able to support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead: happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
They aim to be the best social care employer in London and are proud of their reputation as a London employer - employing more than a 1000 staff and volunteers with a turnover of £31m.
The HR Advisor will play an important role in supporting the HR team to deliver a high quality and professional HR service to staff and managers across the organisation. The role is customer focused and knowledgeable in all HR areas, providing impartial advice and challenging existing people management practices across the organisation to consistently improve. You will contribute to HR strategy through policy development and taking the lead on specific HR areas.
· Interpret and advise on employment law issues.
· Manage an allocated caseload of employee relations cases for a number of managers ensuring that the records are regularly updated and learning shared.
· Provide effective and quality assured advice, guidance and support in the areas of, but not limited to, employee relations, recruitment, TUPE, equality and diversity, reward and change management in accordance with policy and best practice.
· Research and contribute to the continued development of the full suite of HR policies and procedures.
· Support the HR team with analysis of HR related performance and training information, such as absence, turnover and equality and diversity, for their areas.
· Coach managers and, where required, manage HR processes/interventions in key areas such as recruitment and retention, work force planning and development, equality and diversity, disciplinary, grievance, change management and engagement.
· Implement, with HR managers and line managers, HR strategies and project work which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements.
· Lead on designated HR projects and work-streams to implement the Certitude HR strategy, applying a planned and organised approach to delivering outcomes and managing risks and issues.
Your application should demonstrate the following:
· Extensive experience of advising and influencing managers at all levels, on the implementation of people management policies, procedures and terms & conditions of service
· A clear understanding of the principles of effective employee relations and the ability to advise and influence managers successfully
· Proven experience of providing analysis of HR and performance related information
· Sound, up-to-date knowledge of HR best practice, employment law and current thinking and developments in HR
· Ability to manage conflicting priorities & deliver to deadlines
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Develops strong relationships with colleagues, external contacts and stakeholders built on trust and respect.
· CIPD L5 or equivalent relevant professional qualification
· Can work routinely from our Ealing or Balham office and is able to travel to our services around London
· Continuously improving
· Working together
· Inspired by people
· Consistent & dependable
· A competitive salary
· A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
· An attractive package of 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counselling
· They will pay for your Enhanced DBS
· Eye care vouchers
· Travel season ticket loan
· Cycle to work Scheme
All their posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a need for full employment history from time of leaving compulsory education and up to date employment references. They are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and they welcome applications from all sections of the community. They guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.