11 months ago
HR Advisor (Generalist)
Our client is a world leader in cellular material technology. they produce an unparalleled range of closed cell, crosslinked, polyolefin foams using a unique, environmentally friendly, high-pressure nitrogen gas solution process. The company produces lightweight foams in Croydon (UK) and Kentucky (US) that are used widely in many applications including aircraft, the automotive industry and leading sportswear brands.
Position: HR Advisor (Generalist)
Location: Croydon, London
Job Type: Full Time, 15 Months Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 8:40- 16:50
Closing date: 22nd December 2017
About the role:
This role will provide great variety and fluidity of tasks for an HR professional to apply their expertise, strong service delivery and people skills. You would offer first line support and advice to Managers on all people related issues. You to assist in development and promotion of engagement activities, including enhancing the wellbeing of their employees and improving the culture. You’ll also be involved organisational change activities. You will assist in managing the ever changing and sometimes complex employee relations case load. You will also enjoy the administration aspect of the role, ensuring work, including payroll, is completed in a timely and accurate manner, as well as providing MI reporting on key people, trends and information to be used by HR and the wider business.
- Advising staff and coaching line managers on HR policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement engagement initiatives.
- Support managers with talent acquisition and talent retention activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of company wide training programmes.
- Provide regular and timely management information.
- Assist the Head of HR on strategic projects and change initiatives.
- Leading on the implementation of improvements to current HR systems and processes.
- Assisting and supporting the team with any administrative needs of the organisation.
- Demonstrate an Up-to-date knowledge of employment law and HR Policy.
- Strong communication skills to engage in sensitive conversations in an empathetic, clear and professional manner with employees of all levels of seniority.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize and the ability to support a business to deliver business results with high degree of initiative and speed.
- Experience in advising and coaching line managers on ER matters.
- Experience of contributing towards implementing organisational change, engagement activities, and culture-changing HR initiatives.
- Good recruitment skills.
- Good understanding of learning and development methods.
- Excellent attention to detail and experience of streamlining work processes and developing new systems of work.
- Experience of working within a Unionised manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential.
- Education and / or experience Member of the CIPD or the equivalent experience.
- Degree level education desirable.
You may have experience of the following: Human Resources Advisor, HR Advisor, Human Resources Generalist, HR Generalist, Human Resources Officer, HR Officer, Human Resources Executive, HR Executive, Human Resources, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.