about 1 month ago
HR Advisor - Learning and Development
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to develop their HR career. The role is diverse and would appeal to someone who has a strong commitment to people development and training, as well as general HR management.
This role offers an opportunity for someone who would like to progress in an HR role in a company which will support your personal development. The role offers the prospect of becoming the HR and Learning and Development Manager for the Group in due course.
The company will sponsor the successful candidate through CIPD qualifications and will encourage other development, for example Mental Health First Aid training.
HR Advisor Responsibilities:
- Giving advice to managers at our branches on HR matters including misconduct, poor performance and absence
- Supporting disciplinary and grievance meetings
- Recruitment of apprentices, Management Trainees, sales and support staff and Contracts Managers
- Remote management of a part-time HR Administrator
- Administering the apprenticeship levy and industry training board grants
- Supporting mental health and wellbeing at work
- Overseeing the Management Trainee Programme involving around 10 aspiring managers across the Group.
- Overseeing recruitment and development of apprentice painters across the group including liaison with colleges and Bagnalls branches
- Procurement, design, delivery and evaluation of training for operatives and staff.
HR Advisor Requirements:
- A commitment to developing a career within HR / learning and development
- Experience within an HR role and/or experience of managing others
- Experience of at least one of coaching, delivering training or interviewing
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to show initiative and to work independently, including prioritising own workload
- Capability and willingness to undertake CIPD qualifications
- Commitment to travel nationally including staying away from home periodically
- Full driving licence
- Degree educated (desirable)
- CIPD Qualification (desirable)
About Alfred Bagnall & Sons Limited:
Bagnalls is a leading, family-owned, painting contractor, established in 1875, with 14 branch locations across the UK. This role is based in our head office in Shipley, West Yorkshire and will involve national travel and overnight stays to visit our sites and branches.
We were honoured to be awarded Supreme Champion, Family Business of the Year 2016 by Family Business United, chosen from a wide range of companies throughout the UK. We also won Yorkshire Post’s Apprentice Employer of the Year in 2018.
Location: Shipley, West Yorkshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Competitive salary plus fully expensed company car. The exact salary will depend on qualifications already obtained and relevant previous experience. You will have the prospect of higher salary and a performance-related bonus as you progress within the company.
You may have experience of the following: HR and L&D Administrator, HR Administrator, Human Resources Administrator, HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, HR Executive, Human Resources Executive, L&D Assistant, Learning and Development Assistant, L&D Advisor, Learning and Development Advisor, etc.