Job Title: HR and Finance Administrative Assistant
Salary: £19,381.00 - £22,142.00 per annum (pro rata to £17,038.24 - £19,465.49)
Position: Full Time, Term-Time Only (37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year)
Closing Date: 12 noon on 24th February 2020
Start Date: April 2020
The College is an outstandingly successful Sixth Form College with 2,500 16-19 year old students following advanced level courses. They have a long history of exceptional examination results and sits near the top of the national sixth-form college performance tables, meaning it is one of the very best in the country.
The College has a fantastic opportunity for a HR and Finance Administrative Assistant to join the support staff team. The role will be interesting and varied, covering a wide range of HR, payroll and finance duties. It is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong administrative and numerical abilities to develop their skills and experience.
There is a very happy and supportive atmosphere within the department and the College as a whole; staff and students are mutually positive about education, which makes it a great place to work and is major factor in the College's ongoing success.
- Input, monitor and maintain the College's Single Central Record, ensuring compliance with the requirements set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education legislation
- Undertake Disclosure and Barring (DBS) checks on staff and students (including the annual French and Spanish exchange programme)
- Input and monitor staff absence and produce monthly absence reports
- Provide administrative support for all recruitment activities including the development of job descriptions, designing and publishing internal and external adverts, collating application forms and organising selection interviews/tasks
- Input, monitor and maintain the Equality and Diversity Recruitment Monitoring spreadsheet
- Administer new starter offer of employment packs and ensure all pre-employment documentation/checks are complete
- Coordinate (and improve) the new starter induction process
- Prepare amendments for existing employee terms and conditions of employment
- Maintain and update internal telephone lists/pigeon holes/staff photo gallery
- Process maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave requests
- Administer leaver letters and archive files in line with College procedures
- Coordinate the updating of College policies through liaison with the relevant policy owners
- Arrange cover for staff absence, liaising with Heads of Departments and external recruitment agencies
- Minute confidential meetings (e.g. disciplinary/grievance meetings) accurately and in a timely manner
- Support and assist the HR Manager on a range of ad-hoc HR projects and initiatives
- Support the Payroll Manager to process the in-house payroll throughout the monthly cycle for circa 250 staff
- Respond to general payroll queries from College employees
- Complete all aspects of pension administrative duties (West Yorkshire Pension Fund and Teachers Pensions)
- Process invoices and organise payments as appropriate
- Manage the College's online payment service 'WisePay' for school trips, staff and parental payments, etc.
- Undertake general book-keeping and accounts (training can be provided)
- Manage the College's petty cash, ensuring the safe receipt and handling of cash and the reconciliation of transactions
- Make rail and hotel bookings for staff (excluding SLT)
- Undertake basic administrative duties including filing, scanning, archiving, record keeping, photocopying and distributing relevant documents
- GCSE English, and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Strong administrative skills, particularly in the use of Word, Excel and HR computerised systems
- Experience of dealing with people at various management levels, both throughout the organisation and externally
- Demonstrate a high level of communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to carry out simple calculations, e.g. pro rata salaries, sickness entitlement, annual leave entitlement
- Be empathetic to staff and have a friendly, approachable personality
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure while applying quality standards to all tasks
- Highly organised and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team
- An adaptable and flexible approach to work
- A proven commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- A proven commitment to equality and diversity and an understanding of the College's policies
- Ability to uphold and promote the values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and tolerance and have mutual respect for those with different faiths and beliefs
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
To apply for this role, please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Payroll, Payroll Adviser, Payroll Administrator, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Specialist, HR, Human Resources, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Finance Admin, Bookkeeping, Credit Controller, Purchase Ledger Administrator, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Assistant Accountant will also be considered for this role.