6 months ago
This is an opportunity to join a paint manufacturer with manufacturing sites throughout the UK and Ireland. Working alongside the HR Manager, the HR Assistant will have a varied workload, incorporating both administrative and 'hands-on' HR duties.
Whilst this position will report to the HR Manager, you'll be expected to work independently, and take an active role covering areas, including, record management, policy advice and development, recruitment, performance and development, employee relations and HR projects.
- To provide administration support to the HR Manager, this will include typing, filing, data entry, responding to enquiries.
- Maintain HR records (both paper and electronic), ensuring confidentiality and 100% accuracy at all times.
- To assist with the completion and presentation of HR data, for example staff metrics, holiday data, sickness absence, turnover data.
- To run weekly attendance reports, liaising with managers/departments regarding any unplanned or frequent absences.
- To manage the Employee Handbook, in particular providing regular review of policies, updating current policies as required.
- To assist the HR Manager to draft new policies, identifying relevant research, best practice and relevant legislation.
- Provide basic advice to staff, as required, on our policies and procedures.
- Remain up to date with the changes in relevant employment legislation, procedures and practices.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- To support the offer, acceptance and onboarding process, including creating job offer paperwork and completing background checks.
- To place all recruitment adverts on agreed recruitment sites.
- To ensure that relevant probation review checks have been completed for all new staff.
Pay, Reward and Benefits:
- To support the HR Manager to create the monthly payroll report.
- Assisting with the Performance & Development review, including creating letters, filing letters and collating any changes to details.
- To assist with the administration of any benefit schemes.
Training and Development/Performance Management:
- To assist with the annual Performance and Development reviews, including chasing for responses, logging training needs.
- To support the HR Manager to develop and maintain an annual training programme for support staff.
- To support the grievance and disciplinary process, ensuring accurate note taking at required meetings.
- To support the redundancy process, ensuring accurate note taking at required meetings.
- At least 1 year previous HR administration experience.
- Studying towards CIPD HR qualification.
- Excellent IT skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word and SharePoint.
- Basic employment law knowledge.
- Ability to deal with pressure, and a can-do attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferably educated to degree level.
26 days ago
only 2 days until close