This is an exciting opportunity for an HR Assistant to join our fast-paced and dynamic team based in Kings Cross at the Eurostar HQ. You will be joining a small family feel HR team, we are talking about a team of 3 covering over 430 employees. We are a multicultural company with a family atmosphere. We speak all languages and love to travel and contribute to enhanced customer service experience. We are open minded, fun to work with a great team spirit. We love it. We love what we do.
You will be reporting directly to the HR Manager and will be involved with all aspects of generalist HR tasks and projects. You will be responsible for onboard recruitment, maintaining our HR databases, acting as first point of contact for enquires from employee’s, the leaver process, preparing contracts, providing ad hoc reporting including absence monitoring and assisting or conducting grievances, welfare and disciplinary hearings - just to name a few.
We are looking for an organised, energetic and fun HR Assistant who is also discreet and professional in challenging environments. The HR assistant will be proactive, who’s always thinking ahead to ensure that our team and company are set up for success.
We would love to have someone on board to share ideas and also accept feedback to ensure implementation of new ways of working across the Business and to continuously raise the bar on productive working methods.
This is a fantastic chance to play an essential role in our goal of creating a world-class catering service for our client, Eurostar.
The Key Responsibilities:
- Customer service
- The HR Assistant is expected to answer and communicate with employees in a professional and customer service orientated manner. He/she must be knowledgeable in terms of internal policies and must have a proven record of HR background.
- Payroll is handled by the Payroll and HR Support Manager but the HR Assistant is responsible for entering salaries in the HR system and be able to answer any basic employee query.
- Provides a proactive administration service to colleagues and the HR team, so that all people changes and general correspondence is delivered and recorded in a timely and accurate way.
- The HR Assistant is required to run reports inclusive of headcounts, new starter processes, right to work documentation and all reports which are inherent to the daily and monthly administration of the HR Department.
- Assisting the HR Manager
- The HR Assistant is responsible to follow up on different projects given by the HR Manager, which will include the organisation of investigations and disciplinary hearings as and when necessary.
- Supports the internal Recruitment process as and when is required. Compiling new starter packs & collating documentation to ensure that legal requirements are fulfilled and new recruits have a positive experience. The HR Assistant is also responsible to liaise with the Client ID UNIT in order to follow up on every new starter’s ID Badge Application.
- Systems support
- Proactively maintain all database’s with regular updates, provide timely reports, KPIs and any statistics as required by the Department or requested by the HR Manager.
- Practical knowledge of basic payroll calculations and able to answer queries
- Experience of working with various HR databases and systems; Cintra IQ
- Strong IT literacy, particularly Excel and Word
- Solid experience in delivering customer focused HR administration support
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan and prioritize in line with strict payroll and HR deadlines while staying as cool as a cucumber
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal, with a confident, approachable demeanor and a great sense of humor. Produce any type of letters like references or grievance and disciplinary outcomes.
- Fluent written and spoken English required and French is a plus to the position but not compulsory
- Excellent attention to detail and comfortable when working with data
- Flexible approach when responding to tasks and workload
- Proactive with the ability to work autonomously but also be an excellent team player
- Proven Qualification in HR or proven experience.
- Build strong professional relationship with the HR Manager and Payroll Manager.
Our Offer and Perks:
You can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: Meal allowance, discounted Eurostar tickets, the opportunity to earn up to an extra 10% of your basic salary per annum under the Company’s PRP scheme, contributory pension, cycle to work, 10% discount in selected shops within St Pancreas station and many more!
If you feel like your skills and experience are relevant for the role, please don't hesitate to apply!