8 months ago
Our client believes that people who are at or approaching retirement deserve to get the best out of life. Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, with over 400 employees, they provide a range of financial solutions tailored specifically for the over 50s.
Position: HR Assistant
Location: Leeds LS15 8ZB
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: circa £20,000 - £22,000 per annum depending on skills and experience plus generous benefits package
About the role:
To support actively the operation of the business by providing an effective and professional HR administrative / advisory service to the business. The primary objectives of the role are managing the full range of administrative processes to enable the effective management and processing of employee data throughout the employee’s HR lifecycle. The incumbent will, however, have the opportunity to provide support to stakeholders on day-to-day employee relations matters and develop towards a wider generalist HR role.
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
- Producing letters to employees concerning any amendments to their terms and conditions of employment.
- Producing and collating accurate MI regarding headcount, absence, turnover and other employment and HR related metrics.
- Dealing with post-employment references and mortgage / tenancy references.
- Maintaining and updating the HR intranet page.
- Responding to ad-hoc queries of an administrative nature.
- Supporting the Senior HR Business Partner and Head of HRLD in administering employment benefits.
- Compiling all data necessary for running the monthly payroll via the HR system.
- Overseeing the probation process to ensure employees receive confirmation or otherwise of successful probation and associated probation dependent benefits.
- Providing first-level advice and guidance on HR Policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues with the guidance of the Senior HRBP as required.
- Participating in HR and company-wide projects as and when required.
- Liaising with hiring managers regarding on boarding and inductions of new Senior Managers as required.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required by the Senior HR Business Partner and Head of HRLD or the business.
- Our client is looking for a highly organised individual with a positive, can-do attitude who is used to working in fast-paced and demanding environments. Professional / financial services contact centre experience is a huge advantage, and experience of working in an HR team is essential.
- A minimum of 12 months HR administration experience.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR and employment law.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Adaptable with a driven and proactive attitude.
- Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and manage time efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to produce well written employment letters.
- Intermediate skill level in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience within professional / financial services or a contact centre environment
- Payroll administration experience
- Experience of supporting managers with employee relations matters
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
- CIPD or studying towards (desirable)
You may have experience of the following: HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, HR Administrator, Human Resources Administrator, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, HR Executive, Human Resources Executive, etc.