6 months ago
HR Business Partner
Our client is the largest independent sector provider of primary care services to the NHS, operating general practice surgeries, NHS walk-in centres and other community-based health services across England. They have c850 members of staff and over 211,000 registered patients operating over 70 contracts for the NHS.
They have ambitious expansion and growth plans including the mobilisation of new contracts across England and acquisitions of other providers. It is a fast moving and demanding environment in which to work.
Their central support function, based in Little Chalfont, provides support services to its operational activities including human resources, finance, information technology, legal services and clinical governance.
Position: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Little Chalfont & Home-based with national travel to sites
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: up to £40k per annum
About the role:
The HR Business Partner’s objectives will centre on achievement of their overall people strategies, including: Wellbeing, Equality & Diversity, Workforce planning, Employee Engagement & Communications, Learning & Development; and Reward.
- Be the visible face of HR, continually improving the HR service received by clients
- Manage and actively participate in the delivery of HR services to the business which are designed to support operational activities and are cost-effective, value for money and consistent with the overall business strategy
- Develop close working relationships with colleague across the business, with a particular emphasis on supporting Business Managers
- Provide accurate, commercially-focussed and trusted employment law advice to managers based on sound technical knowledge as well as the Company’s published policies and procedures
- Ensure the treatment of both employees, self-employed workers, and agency workers are compliant with relevant legislation, ethically-sound and employees comply with professional standards / registration requirements particular to their role
- Monitor and report on performance against Key Performance Indicators e.g. retention, absence etc.
- Manage, review and develop positive and effective relationships with relevant third-party providers e.g. Occupational Health
- Identify areas of process improvement, service enhancement and opportunities to enhance the scope of the service to reflect future needs of the service(s), future skills shortage areas, demographic changes etc.
- Coach and mentor colleagues as well as design and deliver learning and development activities in HR policies and best practice
- Provide support / cover to the HR Advice Centre as and when required
- Promote the organisation’s image, reputation and values and behaviours as an employer of choice
- Keep up to date in developments in Employment Law and Human Resources best practice to maximise effectiveness and ensure compliance
- Create, updated and publicise HR policies and procedures aligned to legal and organisational changes
- Management of HR projects as required e.g. mergers & acquisitions, TUPE out etc.
- Ensure compliance with and actively promote equal opportunities and diversity within the organisation’s workforce
- Education to A-Level or equivalent qualification standard
- CIPD qualified Level 7 (or Level 5 and studying towards Level 7)
- Member of the CIPD
- Extensive employment law knowledge with evidence of application
- Experience of using HR Information Systems, ideally SelectHR
- Proven track record of managing complex employee relations issues, including settlement agreements and appeals
- Experience of small to medium size TUPEs in and out of a business
- Has managed a change programme or project through to conclusion
- As a multi-site business, it is also vital that you are comfortable with frequent travel to these sites to proactively drive through and promote the HR and Corporate strategies (currently up to 20 sites, located in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Surrey and Middlesex).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly in listening, interviewing, clarifying, persuading and negotiating
- Engaging presentation style and able to coach and train others
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with a wide range of people
- Experience of NHS / Healthcare and Agenda for Change
- Employment tribunal experience
- Can be flexible with working pattern to support out of hours working as and when may be required
You may have experience of the following: HR Business Partner, Human Resources Business Partner, HRBP, HR Manager, Human Resourcers Manager, HR Generalist, Human Resourcers Generalist, HR Consultant, Human Resourcers Consultant, Human Resources etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.