HR Business Partner
The Global Innovation Fund is a non-profit, social-first investment vehicle established as a ‘VC for fragile places’ to find, fund, and scale-up cost-effective, evidence-based innovations that have the potential to measurably improve the lives of millions of people living on $5 a day or less. GIF was founded to invest in innovations that will inspire fresh thinking and create better solutions in developing countries.
- GIF seeks to hire an HR Business Partner. The HR Business Partner will work with the CEO and Executive Team to play a key role in supporting the organisation to create a high-performance culture where our staff can thrive.
- The Business Partner will assess, coach and influence GIF as we enter our next phase of work, with a constant commitment to our mission, our potential for impact, and enabling our staff to accomplish amazing things. At GIF, our culture emerges from how we work together, how we make and communicate information, and how we treat each other in a dynamic, highly diverse work place. This person will be just as passionate about the culture as they are about the work they are doing in the business.
- Success in this role means understanding both the business and the culture at GIF. You will be a shining example of what it means to be a stunning colleague - living our values, understanding how our culture comes to life, and possessing a deep knowledge of the business.
- This is a supportive role and a leadership role with responsibility for influencing and supporting decisions on organization design, compensation, employee development, talent needs and recruitment, and much more with the GIF executive team.
- This role is a strategic one. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and thoughtful leader with a transparent and collaborative management style, the ability to inspire others into action and to think creatively about solutions. The right person for this role must have comfort with ambiguity, and be able to make well-informed decisions.
- She/he will provide strategic advice, seek the truth, and speak uncomfortable views. She/he will have a “black belt” in giving and receiving feedback so as to model this for others. Diversity, inclusion, and respect for differences are among your core values.
- Based in GIF’s London office, the HR Business Partner will be an integral part of the operations team and will report to the CFO who will oversee his or her work. It is our intention that this role will expand to a potential C-Suite position in the medium run.
As the HR Business Partner, you will take responsibility across the whole organisation and its people agenda. You will support the organisation in navigating change as well as partnering on performance management, talent development, employee relations (ER) issues and resourcing. You will also have a lead role in managing key HR areas, including recruitment, payroll, operational services and immigration. Above all, you will provide sound, commercial and solutions-focused advice on the full range of HR issues, leveraging your deep expertise in employee relations, your understanding of our business, and your absolute commitment to living GIF’s values. GIF is a dynamic and rapidly growing start-up entity; the HR Manager will be expected to adapt quickly to the needs of the organization and could have a range of other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS EXPECTATIONS:
- Significant experience and strong track record in strategic HR/ organizational development/ organizational effectiveness in UK context. Ideally in multiple settings and highly diverse contexts.
- Demonstrably excellent relationship management and consultative skills with an ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees as coach, colleague, mentor, and sounding board
- High level of personal credibility with the courage to challenge when required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Resilient and performs well under pressure
- High energy and an entrepreneurial mindset
- A spirited sense of humor Qualifications
- Relevant HR qualification
- Preferably CIPD qualified
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- This role will be based in our London office with occasional travel to the USA.
- Proof of right to work in the UK required.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits.
- Flexible working hours available