Full time – 35 hours per week
Our Client is a leading provider of retirement housing and care services for older people. They are a national business, delivering services across the country to improve wellbeing and promote independent living.
As a HR Business Partner you will support senior stakeholders within Extra Care, Retirement Housing or Corporate Services to deliver their business objectives by developing and delivering people plans and providing a full HR advisory service. You will enable managers to carry out their people management role effectively by providing practical tools, guidance and coaching.
The key activities of the role are to:
• Build effective relationships with key customers and colleagues in People and Strategy to become a credible and trusted business partner with the ability to influence decision making in line with business objectives, vision and values.
• Develop people plans in partnership with management teams that meet individual business needs and corporate objectives. Support recruitment and selection, workforce planning and development activities.
• Develop and produce people management tools for managers to help them to manage processes such as change management/ redundancy, sickness absence management and maternity leave. Coach and guide managers to help them become more effective people managers.
• Provide useful management information to key customers on a regular basis, monitor trends and track performance. Identify areas where the business needs to improve its performance and develop plans to achieve this. For example, this may be responding to high levels of absence, employee turnover or employee dissatisfaction.
• Support new initiatives and deliver change to the business in collaboration with colleagues, ensuring that all stakeholders are involved and communication is effective.
• Develop employment policy to meet business needs and that is legally compliant, straightforward and easy to understand.
Some national travel and overnight stays may be required.
They are looking for someone who has a full CIPD membership coupled with a background in a HR generalist / HR operations role. With experience of delivering employment advice and guidance to managers, and of delivering improvements to people development and recruitment culture, you will value work and employee engagement.
Having a degree is preferred but is not essential. What is important is that you have an up to date knowledge of employment law and can evidence learning achievements to support professional development.
Closing Date: 11th November
Telephone Interviews: 16th November
Face to Face Interviews: 20th November
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.