The HR Manager role is a new role to work in support of the Head of HR and to create and improve our client's recruitment strategy, working closely with Heads of Centres to continuously improve their attraction and recruitment, alongside routine HR tasks, such as providing advice and data collation processes.
HR Manager Responsibilities:
- First point of call for all HR advice and guidance.
- Responsibility for maintaining HR resources & guidance documents.
- Review, create and implement recruiting procedures, for all locations (e.g. attraction methods, jobs application and onboarding processes).
- Implement new sourcing methods (e.g. social media, LinkedIn, glass door, Boolean searches).
- Create & track monthly HR data / metrics e.g. Staff turnover, time to fill, cost per recruitment, etc.
- Influence and manage implementation of new HR system.
- Manage and process all information relating to staff benefits, including medicash, BUPA, life assurance etc.
- Create, recommend & manage a strategy and process around use of our client's Apprentice Levy funding.
HR Manager Requirements:
- CIPD qualifications or equivalent experience.
- ‘People first’ approach to HR issues.
- Hands- on experience with applicant tracking system & HR databases.
- Experience with (phone & in person) interviews, candidate screening & evaluation.
- Familiarity with social media & other professional next works.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Regular travel to all sites is essential to this role.
The post holder will also be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure under the Disclosure and Barring Service.
There is a 3-month probationary period from the employee’s start date.
About Our Client:
Our client is an educational charity providing adventure-based, outdoor learning for young people from six centres across the UK.
Location: Penrith, Cumbria CA10 2HX
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 Hours per week
Salary: £28k to £32k per annum dependent on relevant experience
Benefits: Annual Leave of 24 days increasing by one day each year to a maximum of 30 days, plus bank holidays. Life Assurance: 3 x salary, covered from start date; includes Employee Assistance helpline. 8 weeks’ sick pay at full salary in any 12 months. Long-term Disability Insurance: 2/3 salary less state incapacity benefit after 6 months’ absence for up to 5 years, covered from start date. Personal Accident Insurance while at work or commuting. Choice of private healthcare (currently BUPA) or cash plan: on application after completion of probation; taxable benefit. Pension Scheme (currently Standard Life): Auto-enrolment of all staff after 3 months service. Berghaus uniform items provided. Also opportunity to purchase Berghaus products at discount. Discounted course fees for family members to attend courses (after 12 months service). Cycle to Work Scheme.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing: 9th February 2020.
You may have experience of the following: HR Business Partner, HRBP, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, HR Consultant, Human Resources Consultant, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist,
HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, Software As A Service, SAAS, HR Operations Manager, Recruiter, etc.