about 1 month ago
Elevation Recruitment Group are delighted to be working exclusively with one of UK based clients to identify a HR Business Partner to join their growing business. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HRBP looking to make a creative and confident contribution to a highly commercial business. The company are experiencing continuing change and growth, partly due to acquisitions, and therefore it will be a fast paced and ever-changing environment. Therefore requires a versatile and enthusiastic HR professional who can be adaptable, whilst providing a solid foundation of HR knowledge and who can also work with ambiguity, adapting to a changing landscape with a positive attitude.
Whilst the head office is in Sheffield the role will have responsibility across a number of UK sites from Midlands to the South as well as possibly supporting sites internationally. The role will therefore be home based (ideally Midlands/Leicestershire) with travel to meet face to face with stakeholders as required.
The role will be highly varied and will include:
- Building and maintaining strong business relationships with relevant business leaders and professionals ensuring they are coached and fully supported
- Actively contributing to the creation of the people strategy and assist in ensuring it's translation into respective business areas
- Driving the delivery of key People projects that improve organisation, team and individual effectiveness to support business growth and transformation
- Providing coaching and commercially focused advice and support to Leaders, Managers and employees on the practical implementation of HR practice and employment legislation, for the full employee lifecycle, to ensure compliance and consistency
- Responsibility for the full case management (absence and disciplinary to restructuring, and consultation) for your relevant functional areas, and supporting the wider HR team where necessary
- Identifying and realising opportunities for innovation, change and improvement in both business and HR practice including performance management, talent, resourcing and development and succession planning
- Ensuring key stakeholders are informed / consulted on relevant changes such as restructures, redundancies and retirements etc
- Partnering with site leadership teams on all organisational change programmes
- Creation and delivery of people related learning initiatives
- Employee engagement - drive employee engagement initiatives/action plans
- Developing and implementing company HR policies
- Role model of the Company Values and actively support the development and evolution of the Company culture through a period of fast growth
- Involvement in the recruiting process as appropriate; including interviews, assessment centres and job profiling
- Managing & reporting on People metrics, identifying any trends and opportunities for improvement, and ensuring compliance and good linkage with other relative metrics
- Supporting the coordination of the performance review process and monitor it for completion and effectiveness, recommending and potentially delivering instructional training to managers and staff as required
- Completion of HR administration activities as required, including communications to Payroll to ensure all changes for payroll are accurately communicated in a timely manner
Whilst its expected that the ideal person will bring with them a strong foundation of HR skill and knowledge from a generalist background, and with excellent HR legislation knowledge, due to the fast paced and unique nature of the role we're ideally looking for someone who is confident, courageous, creative and most of all positive! There will be times where the answer isn't obvious and you will work with your teams to find solutions.
Experience from a commercial background, operating at HRBP level, exposure to mergers and acquisitions as well as dealing with TUPE projects is essential. You will ideally be CIPD Level 5 qualified or above and CPD will be supported. You should be a strong and effective communicator and be comfortable making decisions and working autonomously with minimum supervision.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to further progress your career we'd love to hear from you.