My client, a leading UK Charity , is looking for a well-versed HRBP to support their Retail (I&I) business on a 6 month FTC
This role will require travel to various sites across the UK, but based in their Essex office 2/3 days a week.
You will have 2 direct and 6 indirect reprts in the HR team.
- Responsible for the People function supporting the Income & Innovation (I&I) directorate.
- Working in partnership with the I&I leadership team to develop and implement the I&I People Strategy that delivers capability and capacity in the directorate.
- As a permanent member of the I&I leadership team, contribute and influence on strategic and business decisions.
- To drive and shape the organisation culture, ensure we equip our leaders and managers with the right skills to improve and drive organisation performance and ensure that all our people are engaged and motivated and want to give their best at work to support the organisation in achieving its vision and purpose.
- Work with the Director People and colleagues to develop the charity's overarching People Strategy in support of the corporate strategy.
- Work collaboratively with People colleagues in Centres of Expertise, Shared Services and across the organisation, contributing to wider HR practice, learning and development and promoting People as a proactive, commercial, customer, solutions focused partner to the business.
- Work with the Director People to identify opportunities to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the People function to maximise return on investment.
- Deep professional knowledge evidenced by a CIPD qualification and/or extensive relevant work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of employment legislation and its day to day application
- Understanding of professional and regulatory bodies relevant to the I&I workforce
- Understanding of data protection legislation, its implications and how to comply.
- Understanding of safeguarding and its implications for the I&I workforce.
- IT literate.
- Proven track record of successful operation in a senior, highly visible role, accountable for people strategy design and implementation in a large part of a complex, multisite organisation.
- Managing, leading and developing a team of People professionals delivering continuous improvement.
- Developing and implementing HR strategy.
- Coaching and developing capability and capacity in senior managers.
- Leading and shaping organisation transformational programmes including change, culture and leadership.
- Implementing HRM/HRD/OD interventions that have added significant value to an organisation.
- Designing and delivering senior level assessment centres.
- Developing HR metrics to demonstrate the value of people interventions.
- Developing and managing a budget of c£1m.
- Working as a trusted advisor with senior managers.
- Working within and optimising an HR shared services' model to gain the best results for your assigned stakeholders.
- Project management.
- Working in a learning organisation (D).
- Working in a unionised environment (D).
Able to regularly travel throughout the UK and to attend meetings outside normal working hours on a planned basis.