Job Title: HR Business Partner
Location: Leeds area - Travel will be required
Salary: to circa £45,000
Position: Permanent, Full Time
This award-winning group (founded in 1988) and its associated companies provide actuarial advice, pensions consultancy, administration, risk, and investment services for pension scheme trustees, employers, private clients, Lloyd's insurers, and institutions.
They are currently looking for an HR Business Partner to join their team in Leeds area. The purpose of this role is to partner with the businesses developing and supporting the people plan by creating people plans which focus on performance, talent acquisition and retention, talent management, culture and employee engagement. Due to the nature of the business partner role travel to office locations across the country will be required.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the management teams in the relevant businesses.
- Ensure visibility across the business and the management team. This will include attendance at management meetings to drive the people plan and present on people initiatives including key performance indicators.
- Create, agree and partner the delivery of the people plan across the businesses.
- Ensure people managers have the knowledge and skills to effectively manage their people by providing development and coaching.
- Provide coaching and training on Group policies, processes and employment legislation.
- As appropriate for each business, review the following and develop plans to improve relevant KPIs: staff engagement, turnover and retention, sickness and absence, performance, resource planning, succession planning, career development and training needs.
- Provide advice and support on change management initiatives.
- Ensure the businesses foster a culture of diversity and equality.
- Work with the businesses to deliver a strong conduct culture including a culture of personal responsibility.
- Working with the Group HR Manager, ensure HR Group policies are aligned with employment legislation and best practice and ensure the HR intranet is maintained in this area.
- Partner with the recruitment manager to achieve effective resource plans and attract talent to the organisation through effective selection methods.
- Partner with the training manager to identify training needs and skills gaps in the business.
- Regular production of and reporting against key performance indicators (e.g. absence, turnover, engagement).
- Ensure that all HR transactions in the businesses are communicated effectively and accurately to the HR operations and payroll team for action.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Extensive background in dealing with a broad range of HR activities.
- Experience of working with and delivering against a business people plan.
- Experience of improving business performance through a people plan.
- Strong commercial awareness with an understanding of business P&Ls.
- Understanding of organisational design and change management processes.
- Up to date knowledge of HR practices and trends.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of HR systems and production of key metric data.
- Worked in a business partnering model within an HR team.
- Experience of working in the financial services/professional services sectors would be an asset.
Training & Education:
- Educated to degree level.
- Relevant HR qualification.
Skills & Abilities:
- Professionalism and integrity.
- Consultative, influencing and coaching skills.
- Data analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working under pressure and meeting conflicting demands.
- Ability to work with different management styles.
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage. No agencies please. The company is an equal opportunities employer.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter for this role outlining your current and expected salary.
Applications will be considered within 3 weeks of receiving your application. If you have been successful in obtaining an interview the company will contact you during this time. If you do not hear from them by the end of the 3 week period you should assume you have not been successful on this occasion and will not be invited to interview.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; HR Business Partner, Human Resources Business Partner, HR Partner, Human Resources Executive, Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Analyst, HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, Personnel Manager, HR Officer, Human Resources Consultant, Human Resources, HR Advisor, HR Manager, HR Business Partner, Human Resources Manager, HR Business Partner, Human Resources Business Partner will also be considered for this role.