12 months ago
As part of the strategic realignment of our HR offering we now seek a number of commercially astute, business focused, outcome orientated HR Business Partners to become integral members of the senior management teams within our business units.
SALARY: £ 40,000 - £47,000
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Superannuated Pension + 33 days holidays + statutory bank holidays and closure days + discounted PHI & Health Cash Plan
LOCATION: Milton Keynes
We are one of the region’s largest employers with over 4,500 employees based at the Milton Keynes campus and in national and regional centres across the UK and there are more than 4,400 additional employees.
Fundamental to our governance is the promotion of a policy of inclusion and diversity, challenging inequalities and supporting individual difference. We also strongly advocate a positive learning environment for all employees to achieve their full potential through the encouragement of lifelong learning.
PURPOSE AND ROLE OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER (HRBP):
As the designated HRBP for one of our business units you will be tasked with building and maintaining effective strategic relationships with the Business Unit Heads and their management teams. Our aim is to move HR from being seen as a purely operational discipline to one that is fundamental and central to the units and thereby helps the organisation achieve its strategic business goals.
Each HRBP will be tasked with becoming a Trusted Advisor to the Unit and effect major organisational change through implementing and introducing an Adaptive Organisation Culture by:
* Becoming a key and active member of the business unit leadership team; contributing to and influencing the development and delivery of the unit strategy.
* Providing challenge and consulting support for short, medium and long term objective planning
* Proactively use tangible and intangible workforce information and business intelligence (metrics) in conjunction with the leadership team to deliver desired business outcomes and objectives
* Supporting the senior management team to build a strong succession planning and talent management agenda within the unit.
* Acting as the key interface to the business, responding flexibly and strategically to changing customer requirements
* Providing leadership on all people aspects of the business plans and provide input, influence and solutions on the full range of people and organisational issues
* Evaluating the nature, cost and effectiveness of delivered people solutions against appropriate HR performance metrics and develop a pipeline of planned interventions
* Working with the business areas to lead transformational change projects ensuring compliance with all legislation, policies and best practice.
* Acting as an effective coach and guide to leaders on how to deliver business outputs, engage as employers, manage people and employee relations issues to build a performance based culture
* Support business leaders to develop their leadership skills and enable them to explore and challenge their thinking by acting as a critical friend.
* Leading and managing HR Advisors, Trainers and/or Administrators to ensure effective delivery of the strategy.
* Chartered Membership of CIPD or another relevant qualification or commensurate experience
* Strategic HRBP background operating as a true commercial partner through the delivery of value added activity
* Ability to translate business strategy into clearly defined people plans
* Substantial experience of driving employee engagement initiatives
* Experience of leading complex change projects within a large, unionised environment
* Outcome orientated and strong project management skills
* Highly developed stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to manage both the commercial and HR agenda.
* Wide range of influencing skills and the ability to challenge and negotiate with the most senior levels of management to deliver win-win outcomes
* Ability to manage resistance to change and the expectations of senior managers
* Capable of providing senior management coaching, mentoring, guidance and training
* Excellent verbal communication, written presentation and data analytics (HR metrics) skills
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: HRBP[H1], HR Business Partner, Senior HRBP,[H2] Senior HR Business Partner, Strategic HR Business Partner, Lead HR Business Partner, Talent & Development, Organisational Development, Learning and Organisational Development, L&OD, Engagement, People Champion, People Strategy, Higher Education, Academia, Retail, Commercial, Manufacturing, Banking, Finance,
Please Note - Wallace Hind Selection have been selected as our exclusive retained partner so any direct applications from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to them.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 25 AUGUST 2017
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting HR Business Partners, reference TF1707-62 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.