4 months ago
Softwire is an extremely successful and vibrant software company offering bespoke software development services in a diverse range of sectors including media, online retail, travel, finance, publishing and insurance. Our client base includes companies such as the BBC, Channel 5, David Lloyd, Ofgem, and the Association of British Insurers, to name just a few. Softwire provide an excellent work-life balance and equal working opportunities for all.
We have featured in the top 25 of The Sunday Times Best Small Companies in each of the past seven years, and employees will tell you that this is a truly great - and unique - place to work. We combine a genuinely relaxed and friendly environment with interesting and challenging projects.
We are currently looking for an HR Administrator/ Coordinator. You would be reporting to our existing HR Manager and working across a wide range of projects integrated into the company. Examples of your responsibilities include:
- Manage new starter and leaver process, handling paperwork, performing inductions and notifying relevant parties
- General HR admin, record-keeping and support activities
- Newsletter and status email
- Assisting our Recruitment Manager
On top of this, you will be heavily involved with our appraisal review system and will be working closely with our Head of Delivery to run quarterly appraisals within his department (80 people).
This role would be a good fit for someone looking to return to work after a career break, or a current HR Administrator looking for a new challenge. Very importantly, to stand out you will need to show ability and enthusiasm in order to secure the role.
This role is 80% administration based and 20% project work.
This is 6-month contract initially with possibility of extension for the right candidate.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ideally, 1-3 years’ experience in Human Resources or someone with HR experience looking to return to work. CIPD qualifications are not required
- We will consider candidates with less HR admin experience who can demonstrate a solid administration background and have a keen interest to join this busy HR department
- Good time management and task prioritisation; multitasking and attention to detail are essential
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and spoken) with different stakeholders, internal (Softwire employees) and external (clients)
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate about HR
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary range is 21K to 25K negotiable, depending on experience
- Possibility of flexible working times and conditions
- Frequent social events and company outings
- On-site gym
- Subsidised, freshly-cooked lunches
Softwire aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.