10 months ago
We require a proactive HR Generalist / Junior Business Partner / HRBP, for our manufacturing site based in Banbury. We need a commercially astute, people focused HR professional to truly engage with your division of the business. Focusing on employee relations, succession planning, development and case management.
SALARY: £30,000 – 40,000.
BENEFITS: Contributory Pension, 25 days holiday.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Oxford, Birmingham, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Coventry, Worcester, Aylesbury.
THIS ROLE WILL APPEAL TO YOU IF YOU:
* Proactively drive and champion all aspects of the HR function.
* Enjoy the mix of business v’s people needs and able to balance both.
WHAT WE WILL DO FOR YOU:
* Offer complete ownership in an autonomous environment.
* Provide the resources for you to offer an effective and proficient support function for the business.
* Give you the authority to implement the systems needed to facilitate change.
ROLE PURPOSE - HR Generalist / Assistant HRBP
To provide operational hands on HR support for your division within the principles of the company’s employee engagement values. Assisting, advising and supporting the Management Team and all staff on HR issues - providing an inclusive approach to all human resource related activity. Assist in the implementation of a culture which can be proactive in people planning with a particular focus on succession and development.
RESPONSIBILITIES - HR Generalist / Assistant HRBP
Ultimately the job title and salary have got you this far, you will be a commercially astute, driven and experienced HR professional. Rather than just dictate what is most likely to be on your CV, we felt giving you an insight into what the business needs are would be more appropriate:
* The Head of HR needs a HR professional that can truly engage with the workforce – from senior leaders through to the shop floor. Not being afraid of being visible, but ultimately imposing your knowledge and expertise in your subject matter.
* Having an established workforce and experiencing rapid growth has seen some challenging changes, not all of which have been accepted. Winning hearts and some cynical minds will be key.
* Offer a balanced view between support and ‘doing it for managers’. For example, empowering, educating and guiding team leaders/team manager to conduct professional disciplinary and grievance meetings.
* Play an active role in working with managers to identify and create succession planning with proactive training development plans.
REQUIREMENTS - HR Generalist / Assistant HRBP
Job titles play a funny role in business, you could currently be a HR Officer, HR Advisor, HR Generalist, Assistant HRBP, Junior HRBP, HR Manager (in a smaller business), Standalone HR – we are not interest in your title but are in your skill set and approach to what Human Resources should stand for.
To be successful in your application you must be commutable to the Banbury office. We would like to engage with candidates that see the true value in business partnering, being on the shop floor and being seen as the ‘go to’ person for support/advice. Building trust and credibility whilst offering a strategic viewpoint will be key in your development.
ESSENTIALLY YOU WILL:
* Be fully or part CIPD qualified.
* Have a proven track record of partnering with a business function.
* Have worked in a fast paced manufacturing environment most likely in Automotive, Aerospace, Food, Medical or Pharmaceutical sectors.
* Have experience of working on a unionised site 200+ staff.
* Be able to manage and welcome a range of project work.
* Be experienced in recruitment from shop floor to management level.
* Be totally committed to the pursuit of best HR practice.
As a global business we are instrumental in assisting the major manufacturers bringing new products to market. With 100,000+ employees and a multi-Billion global turnover, we are determined to continue to grow and reinvest in the business.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Matthew Hogg quoting HR Generalist / Assistant HRBP reference MGH1706-57 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.