My client is recruiting for HR Manager at one of the best known food companies in the UK and in fact globally. There will be travel betwen two factory bases (midlands) and the role is to start ASAP.
This role is part of the UK Operations People and Performance team. Responsible for two factories located in Telford and Worcester. The People and Performance department is a vital pillar in our business, guarding our culture and recognizing and retaining talent through our outspoken rewards system. Through this position, you will have the opportunity to define and execute the strategic plan as well as the HR budget, in accordance to the overall company strategy. The role will sit on the Site Leadership team supporting and developing the strategic programs to improve site performance and achievement of key objectives. The role will require the balance of managing the day-to-day activities against executing the strategic plans in addition to participating in a variety of projects which will provide experience in a HR function in one of the largest food companies in the world.
The key activities are:
- Understand Business and Human Capital Strategy, define HR KPI's and components of the HR Strategy to the Factory.
- Align the Organizational Structure vs. Standard Structure.
- Define the Talent Management Strategy, develop and Implement the Rewards Plan
- Develop the Budget to the Calendar Year (AOP/ZBB) and control monthly.
- Recruitment & Selection
- Work together with Central Talent Acquisition and support in recruitment and selection for the organization and establish Induction & On boarding strategies. Hire the right people at the right time who have the right skills and are aligned with the Company culture.
- Learning and Development:
- Identify the development gaps of our employees, propose training solutions to close the gaps, and support business needs, through Skill Matrix and Functional Training Programs.
- Detect the basic gaps in work environment, develop action plan to close these gaps, ensure affective communication and recognize/motivate our team. Processes Involved: Ideas & Action Program, Communication Plan to all employees, people Meeting and exit interview (KPI's: Absenteeism and Turnover)
- Employee Services
- Employee Relations, Labour Relations, Employee Communications Management, Discipline Management, etc.
- Negotiation, Relationship with Council, Unions, etc.
- Continuous Improvement
- Implement new projects (Global /Zone, Europe / Local)
- Standardize the internal process in HR Department to be more effective (Rituals and Routines)
- Lead the People Pillar in the Manufacturing Playbook
- Improve the Visual Management
Ideally you will be CIPD qualified and have experience in a HR generalist environment, ideally in food or manufacturing, but this is desirable not eseential. If you speak another European language this would be a benefit.
Please apply now for this fantastic opportunity - I look forward to hearing from you!